Blood and ice cream

I was able to get in a nap after my talk with Elijah. When I awoke, I couldn’t say I felt better. I enjoyed a hot shower, brushed out my hair. It made my body feel better but did nothing to calm my mind.

Mom. Tyler. Bonnie. Damon and Elena. Stefan. All of them were on my mind and now, thanks to Silas, my phone was gone and I didn’t have a way to find out what how they were doing. Silas? Well, he weighed heavily on my mind too. I still had the occasional nightmare about my run in with him when he was looking for Bonnie. He’d come to me as Matt, but mostly as Klaus. The pain of the stake in my chest? I could almost still feel it and it hadn’t been real. I was so afraid of what he could do to my friends, my Mom. I probably wasn’t a lot safer from him here. He had to know where I was – Tyler had seen me being taken off by Klaus and Elijah and the Mikaelsons had made no secret of their move to New Orleans.

But the originals were the strongest of our kind. While they weren’t immune to Silas’ particular skill set, I’d seen him get into Klaus’ head myself, they were stronger than my friends. I knew Silas would go after Elena first. And it was killing me that I wasn’t there with them. Worse, I had no way to make sure they were okay.

I threw off the covers and sat up, frustrated. What would I do if I were home?

Well, if I were home, I wouldn’t be sitting there worried about my friends and family. I’d be in the fray with them. But if I couldn’t do that… Well, then I’d need a distraction from the worry so I wouldn’t I wouldn’t drive myself crazy as I was doing right now. I’d be on my phone texting everyone. I’d be on the internet looking up ways to help or maybe watching dumb Youtube videos. I’d go through my magazines. And once all of those resources were exhausted, there was the tried and true ice cream and movie marathon.

But my phone was gone. I didn’t have my laptop. I had no t.v. in here. No magazines. Hell, I didn’t even have clothes aside from what I was wearing. Oh, and I wasn’t allowed to leave the house.

Things sucked.

I flipped on the light, deciding that I needed to do something. I scanned the beautiful room I’d selected for myself. There was a closet, an old-fashioned armoire, a gorgeous dresser with eight drawers.

Okay, time to rummage. I started with the closet. I honestly didn’t expect to find much except some extra blankets or bedding. I was surprised to find it literally filled with bright, colorful, shiny clothing. Really shiny with sequins and satins. After pulling a couple of things out for closer inspection, I realized that the closet was full of costumes.  I had to laugh at that. Costumes for men and women. Lots of red, gold, green, and purple. Many of them had masks and they were just beautiful. I found a saloon girl dress in blue that looked like it would fit me. It had black lace trim, a corseted bodice, a fancy feathered headpiece. There was even a bag with black fishnet stockings – thigh highs no less – and little high heeled ankle boots.

I giggled as I tried to picture my hosts’ faces if I emerged from my room in that get up.  But then it just might give Klaus the idea that I wanted to play kinky dress-up with him. That wouldn’t do.

The dresser drawers had clean sheets, extra towels. No clothing items. I blew out an exhale at my dwindling options. I almost didn’t check the armoire but after considering it a moment, I decided to go ahead and look.

I had to really yank on the door but I finally got it open. In there I found what looked like fancy sleepwear. Long, expensive looking nightgowns with matching peignoirs, I believed that’s what they were called, in white, cream and a handful of pastel colors. They had to be many years old judging by the style of them though they looked well cared for. One light blue set caught my eye and when I pulled it out, I had to admit that it looked like it would fit me. It would be much more comfortable trying to sleep in those garments as opposed to the jeans and shirt I’d been wearing the last two days.