Chapter 11

Liane's POV

the next day

I woke up facing Lauren. I remembered that we fell asleep in each other's arms last night.

Lisa made me go here to my room, idk why. I just followed her then Lauren accompanied me.

I gently got up, not wanting to wake Lauren up. I placed the blanket back on her then got clothes. I went to the bathroom to take a shower.

*****

I sat down gently on my bed. I'm going to wake Lauren up for breakfast.

"Lauren.." I said, gently shaking her shoulder.

Lauren's eyes flutter open. She sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Good morning Lia." Lauren said.

"Good morning Laur." I said.

Lauren looked at the time, noticing it's already time for breakfast.

"I'll just take a quick shower. Go ahead and eat downstairs." she said then left.

I brushed my hair then went downstairs. Their mom, I mean, mom is preparing breakfast.

She's setting the table up. I want to help her. I'm actually not that kind of afraid od them anymore.

"Good morning- mom." I said.

Mom looked up from the table. She smiled at me.

"Good morning Liane." she said.

"Help?" I asked.

"I can handle this sweetie, you can just wake your siblings up instead." mom said. I nodded then went to their rooms.

Few minutes later, we're all seated in the dining table. I sat beside Lisa, my usual spot. We prayed then started eating.

*****

I drank my medicine and painkillers. We then gathered up in the living room for Bible sharing. Mom said we'll have it today.

I sat in between Lauren and Lisa on the couch. I started feeling sleepy because of my medicine and painkillers.

Mom started telling stories about this and that. I felt more sleepy and can't help but yawn.

~~~~~

Lisa's POV

Liane's so sleepy. She leaned her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her shoulder.

Liane yawned like a hundred times already. Mom saw her and glanced at her.

I know that glance, it's different from her nornal glance. It's her "I'm angry glance" but of course Liane doesn't know it.

"Are you getting bored?" Mom asked Liane.

Liane shook her head, sitting up straight. Mom nodded then continued.

A couple of seconds later, Liane yawned again. Mom looked at her with anger in her eyes.

"You said you're not bored." mom said, raising her voice.

"I'm n-not." Liane said, stuttering.

"If you are not, then why are you so sleepy?" she asked.

Liane looked at me, signaling to help her explain.

"Mom." I said.

"Look, I don't have a daughter that gets bored while we're talking about Jesus. He's the reason why you're here for goodness sake!" mom shouted.