(23) The Betrayal

Hi yo peeps! It's so awesome seeing you guys comment on my books saying that you loved it.

THANK YOU FOR READING, VOTING, AND COMMENTING GUYS 😊

I love you guys! So here's an update to end your misery 😀

Enjoy 😉

~-~

"Charlie..." I muttered, unable to think properly.

Why did he lie to me? It's clearly obvious that I wasn't alone in my car during the crash!

"Why didn't you tell her?" Beth asked him, making him frown and whispered, "Why did you tell her?"

"Uh no." I scoffed while walking in front of him and waited for his answer. Charlie must have a reason on why he broke my trust; on why he lied. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Vanch, it's not what it seems lik-"

"Stop." I huffed angrily, "My name's Vanchel. Only my friends call me that."

Something flashed in his eyes, and tears brimmed on it. "Don't do this-"

"I'm giving you time to explain." I clenched my fists, "Explain why you lied to me."

And anger flashed in his eyes, "He's nothing important!"

"If he's nothing important, then why would you lie to me?!" I screamed as I burst down in tears.

"Vanch, he isn't important to you. He couldn't be." He whispered, tears falling down his cheeks too. "He shouldn't be"

I screamed, "THEN WHY CHARLIE? WHY?!"

"Give me time to explain-"

"AND THE TIME IS FREAKING TICKING." I shouted, "EXPLAIN!"

"I... don't know where to start!"

"START FROM THE BEGINNING!"

"But I don't know how to!"

"JUST TELL ME THE TRUTH!"

"I can't!"

"Time's up." I shrugged, crossing my arms on my chest. "Tell me Charlie, tell me why can't you tell me the truth?"

He looked down and gulped, "Because I'd lose you."

Idiot.

"You already had." I whispered as I walked past him with slumped shoulders.

He pulled my wrist, "Vanch, no-"

"Don't call me that." I pulled my hand and face him.

"But-"

I pulled my hand back roughly and shook my head. I whispered, "I don't know you Charlie Langston; I wish that I frogot you instead of him."

With that, I walked out of my office with Beth on my tracks. "Bring me to Dean, please."