Side Story; Namjoo Part 1

Namjoo's POV

I had told Chorong about the girl, Chor that is the talk of the HGFC or Hot Guys Fan Club. And yes, I'm the president of this club.

Our club has about 10 girls that are insane like me. Well, not insane like crazy, insane in a fangirl way.

School ended and as many people were rushing to get home, I was taking my time walking around.

I was thinking of going to the coffee shop that just opened 5 months ago near our school. I could do my homework. Besides, home is hectic.

When I saw the cafe in sight, I hurriedly made my way there. As I stood in, I smiled as I saw my childhood friend, Jinyoung behind the counter, who I haven't seen for probably years.

I made my way to the counter while reminiscing our childhood memories. Our days at the park was always a fun day. We would always be by each other side. Oh, the days when we both got covered with mud from playing with sand while it rains. The memory played at the back of my head.

I stood in front of the counter with all smiles, thinking that Jinyoung would remember me.

Jinyoung spared his attention to me and bowed his head.

"Hello, welcome to B&C Cafe. What would you like to order?"

I raised a brow at him and made a face.

"Don't you.. remember me?" I asked as I crossed my arm.

Jinyoung stared at me for a moment before his eyes widen. "A-Are you..."

"Yes! I am! It's been a long time Jinyoung!" I squealed.

"...the new barista?" he finished his sentence.

I paused a moment a furrowed my eyes. "What?"

"Are you the new barista?" he repeated again.

My shoulders slumped and I feel like punching him.

"Do I look like a barista? I'm wearing a school uniform for God's sake!" I said as I twirled a bit.

"Then.. who are you?" he asked again.

My jaw dropped at his question. Did I changed that much though? I don't think I did.

Not wanting to deal with his act, I just sighed and told him to forget about it before ordering an iced coffee.

After ordering, I went to search for a seat for a loner like me—two seats, one for my backpack.

I took out my Maths workbook and my pencil case. I tried doing a few questions that the teacher gave but I can't seems to get it right or have any idea how to do it. I groaned inwardly and slammed my head on the table.

"Excuse me,"

I lifted my head and instantly saw Jinyoung with a tray. Knowing that it was my order, I sat up straight and clean up a bit, making space for my coffee.

He placed my drink down and I thanked him. I was about to sip when suddenly, he pulled out a seat from the empty table across mine and sat down. He pushed a plate of freshly baked bun towards me and smiled.

I furrowed my eyes. I thought he doesn't remember me. What is he doing here?

"Joo-ie, you've forgot about me already? It hasn't been an hour or so." he giggled.

"Wait a minute..."

"I was joking a little while ago. Sorry though." he scratched his nape.