Chapter 1- Nightmares

This is my first Fanfic so please don't expect much.

[y/n] P.O.V

I look on in horror at the sight before me, tears slipping down my pale face. I can hear ear piercing screams for help, desperation evident in their wavering pleas, a distant baby crying uncontrollably, no one to comfort it and wales of excruciating pain from victims of evil doers.

There's a fire and it has spread across the whole of the [s/n] compound, Showing no mercy and leaving nothing but ruin and debris behind. The very much alive embers of the fire dance around, spreading light around the area, but all I see is the darkness and coldness of the night. As tears from my [e/c] eyes continue to cascade down my face. I watch in horror, unable to move.

Suddenly two pairs of screams I recognise breaks my trance and allow my legs to move again. I run and run as fast as physically possible towards my own house.

I know how this turns out. It's the harsh reality but somehow every time I come to this moment I refuse to believe this is truly happening.

As the very familiar building looms ahead, I can tell how much damage it has taken and am surprised its even standing. However this is one building, the only building that isn't on fire.

I rush in without a second thought, bursting into the room where the dying screams are coming from. Noises which make my insides churn and heart break over and over.

I stand at the door, again, unable to move an inch.. Staring wide eyed. Some figures, which are unrecognisable advance on my badly injured parents. There, right in front of me, that very moment where my Mother and Father get brutally murdered. I see it all. The way they get stabbed right in the heart, blood splattering everywhere, all over the walls, the ceiling, the windows, doors and all over me. I'm feeling sick to the core.

I let out a burst of sobs and fall down to my knees. Who's there to comfort me? Only the dead dismembered figures of my parents, left to rot in their own pool of Damn blood.

I stand up and do the only thing I can, run. I ran as fast as my legs could go. I could sense that those murderers were behind me, about 5 metres or so. I kept running I was aware that they could easily catch up, however I had the advantage because of my 4 year old body. It was small and I could hide where they couldn't see me.

Suddenly I fell forward as I tripped over something. It took me a few seconds to realise that this "something" I tripped on was in fact my best friends and cousins dead, dismembered body. I couldn't contain the sick feeling I got any longer and without warning I hurled up whatever I had eaten that morning, right over his cold still body.

When I realised that the enemy was getting closer I abruptly got up despite my hearts pleas to stay and mourn for my kin.

I created 5 shadow clones and scattered them in all directions, hoping to tear them off my lead. Of course being in the prestigious [s/n] clan, my father would have taught me some basic ninjutsu like creating shadow clones and throwing kunai, shuriken and senbon, even at an age as young as mine. 

I continued to run until I couldn't run anymore, It felt like I had ran for hours however in reality it probably was for about 15 minutes, I was beyond exhausted and my legs were beginning to give out. But that was fine because I was well away from the [s/n] compound by now and it didn't seem like I was being chased anymore.

I collapsed to the ground and breathed out a long sigh. I am safe for now. I thought as I drifted into an unconscious state.

My eyes snapped awake as sweat trickled down my forehead. These recurring dreams were getting to me. Every night I would dream of my clans downfall. The first week it really affected me but with Kakashi here to comfort me I managed to calm down a little. Now those dreams still come but it affects me much less.

Two weeks ago my clan got massacred and I was the only survivor. Somehow a ninja from the leaf village named Kakashi found me and took me there. When I woke up he asked me what had happened, I told him everything and he had agreed to adopt me. So now here I am with a new life at the leaf. I miss my family and friends so I vowed to myself that I would avenge my clan and one day restore it.

I hope you enjoyed!        Arigatou Gozaimasu