The Half Blooded: Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

As I hung over his shoulder helplessly, I knew I had to escape. There was no way I was going to be brought back to those deadly venomous creatures, because this time there would be no escape. I would be on a twenty four hour surveillance by not one maybe hundreds of demons watching my every move, until blood was poured out of me into the reign of Livithian, the leader of The Leigion himself.

Even thinking about his name sent shivers through my body. 

"Let me go!" I shouted, as I kicked and twisted my body, trying to escape from his tight grip. 

He began chuckling at my struggle, as knew he was more stronger than me and used it to an advantage. But my smarts were at my advantage. 

"You know they are just going to kill you anyways. If your looking for an eternity of riches, as well as a rank for your bounty prize your surely mistaken. He will slaughter you right then and there, and feed your lovely scraps to his lovely little pets, as they devour you and enjoy each and every last bite." I slithered through my teeth. 

I could feel his grip tighten on me, he knew that could be a possibility, but still remained walking on the gravel down the narrow unlit road, which was surrounded by big oak trees, and silence.

 "You know for a girl who is almost close to death, you have a lot to say don't cha? Like I would ever believe you." He kept his voice calm, but I could feel in each word he spoke fear cried out.

 "I'm just speaking the truth, I was there. I've seen many things, and heard many things also. Let me go, and maybe your life can be sparred." I confidently spoke, maintaining my voice.

 "My life possibly be sparred?" He began laughing so hard that he had dropped me towards the ground. He kept his hand onto my wrist so I wouldn't run away. He curled up and hysterically laughed, and once he was done he stood straight and faced me.

 His body was massive, and his dark smirk poisoned my very soul. I could feel every dark deed that he had done in his past, and how many more he was willing to commit out of pure evil.

  "I've been living on this planet for thousands of years now Lucy, I can manage to take care of myself. You are my bounty, and I will collect a prize for what I caught. Now… you can either shut up, or I will kill you right here and now and package your blood directly to them. Your choice sweet heart."

 I began screaming, in odd hopes that someone, or anyone could hear me on this dark and narrow path. We were far from the lodge that we walked out of, but I could still see the light of it in the far distance. I heard ruffling come from the bushes, and my heart began to pound.

 "You little brat!" He shouted, and smacked my face so hard that my entire body flung over and fell towards the gravel. My face scraped the hard ground, and I could feel blood dripping down from the side of my face. He raised his hand again to hit me, but I yelled and kicked him so hard that I heard something crack on his leg. He fell to the ground also, cursing and shouting at me.

 "You monster!" I screamed. 

 I lifted my hand towards my face, where I could feel blood drawing down. The pain was intense, I felt like I had a huge gash on the side of my cheek, where only a tiny skid mark would be.

 "I guess you chose the death sentence option didn't you little girly? I'll rip you limb by limb, so you can feel each and every pain go through your body, and I'll enjoy it watching you suffer." His voice echoed and he began smirking. His red eyes turned even darker red, giving him the complete devil grin that you would only see in your nightmares. 

 He slowly plopped up to his feet, and began limping towards me, with hatred in his eyes.

 The rustling in the bushes became louder, and something jumped out and pounced right on him. Tearing his clothes with its sharp nails and teeth. It was moving so quick, I couldn't get a real glimpse at it.

 The creature began ripping at the demons skin, cutting its razor sharp teeth through, not even eating him, but yet ripping him to shreds. I sat there horrifyed, unable to move. Like every bone in my body could not move, the sight was too horrifying, but yet my mind was screaming,

RUN.

 Was this another demon wanting me as it's bounty prize? Or a wild animal? But it had two legs... was it a human?

I didn't want to stick around to find out. I began pushing myself off the ground with all the remaining strength that I had, and ran as far as I could down the narrow path. Everything became a blur, and I continued running so fast I couldn't feel my legs anymore. I felt the need for more oxygen in my lungs, but I could hear that the evil creature, or whatever it was was slowly, but surely trying to catch up to me.

 As I looked back the once two legged shadow began running on four legs, trying catching me at even a more quicker pace. As it began moving through the shadows in the woods and onto the gravol pavement, it made hissing and growling noises as if it was going to attack me.

 The creature caught up to my speed, and pounced onto my back causing me to land onto the gravol once again. This time, my arm rescued my face but as I glided across the gravol my entire arm was cut up, and bleeding.

 I whimpered in pain, not only because of my arm feeling the intense burning of ripped skin but also the three hundred pound creature standing on my back.

 It slowly hopped off, keeping one paw on me. It began to walk around me, growling with menance, and I could feel my heart beat even faster in fear.

 "Wh- wh- what do you want!" I sat up and tried looking at the creature, but he remained in the shadows as I sat in the moonlight.

 I finally caught of glimpse of something, floating yellow piercing eyes. They shined right at me and sent a sense of reassurance and saftey with them. Slowly the creature walked into the moonlight right beside me, and sat down still staring at me. 

 It was twice the size of a grizzy bear, and looked like a demonic wolf. I gulped, worrying that he could use me as a bounty.

 The animal picked me up with its razor sharp teeth hooked onto my sweater and threw me over onto its back. Then began running into the wilderness of the woods, dodging each and every tree that stood in it's way. It was surreal, like a movie, everything was flashing by and the speed was so quick you couldn't catch a quick glimpse of anything.

 We reached a village where he threw me down off his back.

 "Who are you? Or exactly what are you?" I muffled quietly as I stood up and saw the entire lights of this village light up. There were people dancing around, fires being lit, and wooden houses. It reminded me of my own village before it was burnt down to pieces by The Leigion as they were searching for me. I remember each and every moment my Father and I had in this town...

 When we would go hunting together, and we would have competitions who could bring home the biggest meal for the next few days, of course sometimes he would let me win - but he would always teach me with different weapons how to defend myself... more like preparing me for something which I did not know I was going to be up against. 

 More happy memories began flooding my mind, and I could feel tears pouring out. I quickly wiped them away as I heard a humanly voice, speak to the creature as well as a woman stood right in front of me.

 "Thank you Hayden, you have done well."

 Her voice was strong, and yet confident with many years of intelligence. She had innocent blue eyes and long grey hair which reached just below her hip. Her green gown was stitched and hand made, as you could see the stichings all along the sides. It was beautiful, and long. It cut into a V, where just above it a gold necklace hung with a big emerald inside of it.

 Hayden walked away into the shadows, with a few other animals joining in right behind following.

 The woman held out her hand for me to grab, and softly spoke,

"Lucy, you are finally safe now my child, Welcome home."