SOF Chapter 20

well here I am... Updating my story😊
Enjoy reading

Previous Chapter........
Tough choice. Stay here with all these crazy people and ugly hats or go away with him and ride amazing horses. "Let's go." I say to him smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He returns my smile and takes my hand, to lead me out of this. We walk through a crowd of people. All women are wearing ugly hats, all men are talking in their little groups-- just like their wives. All are gossiping. Well, all women. The men are talking about sport and cars. No matter where you are, the tic of a conversation never change. No matter how many money you have.

"Richard!" I hear a female voice.

We stop walking and I see a woman approaching our way through the crowd.

"Eva," Richard breaths out with a soft smile on his lips. Wait, Eva?! Eva as in Eva Collins from his list?

The woman reaches us and kisses him on the cheeks, "So nice to see you here again. It's been a while."

"Yes, It's been a while." he say, returning her smile.

"I see you have company with you." The woman says smiling at me. I notice the wedding and around her left ring finger.

He clears his throat, "Yes. Eva this is Nicomaine Mendoza, this is Eva Collins."

"Nice to meet you." I say shaking hands with her . It's weird to meet a woman who was in my position. A woman who knows what he's doing. Who he is. What we're doing. But I haven't signed yet. I would like to tell her that. Yell that into her face to set the record straight. But I can't. Not because I would make a horrible big scene--no, because I've signed a confidentiality agreement.

"Mommy!" we hear a childish voice and seconds later a little boy at the age of three runs up to us, stopping behind his mother, Eva.

Eva bends down to him. "Jack say Hi to a friend of mine."

The boy looks at Richard, who smiles at him. "Hi." Jack says, waving his hands and returning Richard's smile.

"How old is he?" Richard asks, looking at Eva.

"He's so cute." I add as I watch the little boy running away.

"He's twenty nine months.Such a hyper kid." Eva says and smile.

"Oh there you are!" I hear a male voice behind myself. "We've been looking for you."

"Thomas, look who I just run into!" Eva says smiling as the man passes me. "Richard, I'd like you to meet my husband, Thomas Anderson."

My breath get stuck as I hear the name. Seconds later I see the matching man to the name.I stare horrified at the man as I remember him. His eyes are filled with horror for a millisecond as well -- he remembers me.

".......And this is Nicomaine Mendoza." I hear Eva saying my name.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Mendoza." Thomas says to me, shaking hands with me.

My heartsks a beat as I feel his hands touching me. I reject my hand right away. I never thought I'd see this man again. I never want to feel his hand again.

"Yes." I say and force myself to fake a big smile.

"How long have you guys married?"

"Nearly three years." Thomas says. His eyes focused on me.

I smile and look away. Gosh, could  this be more awkward?!