Best Thing That's Happened All Year

1. Best Thing That's Happened All Year

I groan as his fist connect with my jawbone. I usually never give them the satisfaction of seeing me in pain. Any sort whatsoever, but even I have to admit that, that was a perfect hook, even for a lefty.

"Been working out huh?" I chuckle, spitting out a mouth full of blood and saliva onto the concrete beneath me. I look back up at the guy above me, his face grim and body stoic and straight as an arrow, contorted with the right amount of muscle to make any woman swoon. Except this one. "Ahh. Been saving up all that energy for this moment Benny boy?" I say, a teasing smirk on my lips. I get a kick out of messing with him. His temper issues amuse me.

It was my usual sunny, hate filled day. I was striding peacefully down the dirt road, sighing in bliss.

Nah I'm just kidding. What I was actually doing was running for my useless life, as I was being chased by a group of boys that I'd messed with as I was passing them. By that, I mean, I sought them out and drenched them with a bucket full of shit water. Well it wasn't exactly shit water but it smelled like it.

When they'd caught me, Ben - the one that's currently pummelling me into the ground - told his friends to lay back. Apparently, I'm 'his'. I've pissed him off a lot in my life time. It's my job in this pack, seeing as I'm everyone's punching bag. Why not get something out of it that pleases me? That's logic.

He didn't answer. He just growled, low and rough in his throat before lifting a leg, getting ready to slam his combat boot into my side but suddenly he froze, and so did the rest of his friends. There was screaming. Not the usual screams that you'd hear at a party or concert but, the unbearable, agonizing pain, screams.

I watched, fascinated, as large wolves immerged from the forest at an alarmingly fast pace, taking out all of the visible people of my pack.

Well... It's not our pack anymore. My wolf, Dakoda, snickers.

I roll my eyes, getting up from the ground. I brush away the dirt from my clothes, shrugging when I saw the dark dirt stains in my worn out white T-shirt. Style. I brush my waist length hair behind my shoulder and ruffled it a little to get the leaves out. When I looked back up, it was just in time to see Josiah - the pack's Omega - getting jumped.

Have you ever seen anything like it. My wolf says in absolute awe at the sight before us. I never liked him anyway.

Lets go beg for our lives. I thought, staring as the warriors get ripped to pieces.

I do not beg. My wolf snarls, repulsed.

I roll my eyes at how sensitive she can be. And with determination, I started walking toward the wolf that was radiating the most power - A Beta. He was standing proud at the edge of the forest. It's as if he knows that he doesn't even have to fight, because he knows they're going to win.

"What are you doing!" I hear the group of guys behind me. "Are you crazy!" Ben exclaims, seeing me walking toward the danger.

I turn, looking at them over my shoulder with a smirk, "Are you kidding? This is the best thing that's happened all year." Then I turned and began walking again.

I ignored the cries, swerving my way through the fighting men - dying men. I kept my pace steady, not in any rush at all, seeing as I'll probably die when I get to him.

Dakoda scoffs, Yeah, like I'd let that happen.

Sensing my approach, the large wolf turns its head in my direction, his body following suit, getting ready to pounce. It seemed to analyze me for a second, its eyes showing confusion, as its head tilted slightly to the side. A small smirk adorned my lips. I have to admit, that was adorable. I stopped a couple of feet away from it, staring into light blue eyes.

Then I spoke, "I'm coming with you." I left no room for discussion. I will get my way.

It took a step back, as if I'd slapped it in the face. Then it disappeared into the trees. Seconds later, a man walked out of the woods in nothing but a pair of basket ball shorts, his muscular chest on full display. I stare into the same pair of blue eyes that were once a wolf's. He kept eye contact as he walked up to me, our chests almost touching from the proximity. I didn't really care. Backing down wasn't something I've ever done, and it certainly won't be done today either.

"Beta?" I ask, staring up into the eyes of a man who could snap my neck anytime he felt he wanted to.

As his confirmation, he responds, "From the Dark Knights Pack."

I nod. The Dark Knights were labeled as the pack with the strongest warriors. They never lost a battle. Not that I've heard of. I've always wanted to meet one of its warriors. I guess today is my lucky day.

"You want to come with us?" He suddenly asked, his face blank, washed of any emotion.

"That's what I said." I answer. I'm seriously pushing my luck, but that's what I'm good at.

He lets out a chuckle. All with good humor, "Foolishly brave." A small smile slips onto his pink full lips, his eyes never leaving mine.

My wolf groaned, Lets mate him. Right here.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, Shut up you hoe.

Can you blame me!? I've never seen anyone so beautifully carved in my life. The moon goddess took her time with this one. She lets out a whimper.

Seconds later, I'm grabbed from behind, my arms yanked behind my back in a tight hold. My wolf snarls at the sudden intrusion.

Calm down, I say to her and she submits.

"Are we taking this one Sir?" The voice of the man that's holding me, says sternly, emphasizing his words by yanking my arms, holding them tighter.

Dakoda snarls again, pissing me off.

Dakoda!

She whimpers, submitting to the back of my mind.

He stares at me for a second before nodding, "Ease up." He snarls at the man holding me, making him release his hold a little.

Please give me this man. I need him in my life, Dakoda groans again.

Why did I have to get the hoe wolf, I ask myself.

The man that was holding me, started dragging me away until The Beta stopped him.

"What's your name?" He asks me, eyes curious.

I narrow my eyes at him. I wasn't going to tell him. I didn't want to, but deciding it would do no harm, I gave in, "Onyx."