Chapter One

It was finally time to close after a long day of work. I swear 11:30 couldn't have came quicker. I clocked out and closed the store before heading out and getting into my car. Today was a busy day at work considering the fact that I work at Gucci and Saturday is Valentine's Day so everyone is buying their gifts.

Let me give you guys a little information about me my name is Kayden Cortez. I'm 18 and from Chicago the south side to be exact. I'm a freshman in college and I work two jobs so I'm a pretty busy person I rarely go out so when I do I make sure I enjoy myself. I live by myself because I love being independent so I moved into my own place. I have two older brothers so I'm the baby and the only girl so you already know it's annoying asl but back to the story.

I pulled up to my apartment building. I bought me a condo in downtown Chicago it's expensive but totally worth it. I walked up to my apartment unlocked the door and walked in throwing my things on the table by the door. I walked to the kitchen to grab a water bottle before walking in my room and getting ready for the shower. Just as I was undressing my phone goes off I pick it up to see my best friend calling me so I answer

"Hello" I answer

"Hey babes how was work"

"Work was work it was busy since it almost Valentines day what about yours" I ask as I take a seat on my bed

"It was good but I wanted to ask you if you work on Valentines Day"

"No I actually have the weekend off"

"Good because we going out Saturday to the club"

"If I finish my homework then I'll go but if not then I'll have to pass"

"Take a break you stressing yourself off with two jobs and school take some time off"

"Fine I'll see you Saturday"

"Yay! you better dress sexy because there's going to be celebrities there and we gotta dress to impress"

"Girl I will wear some damn sweats and a hoodie I don't have to impress nobody if they're going to want me they better like the bum side of me as well" I tell her while letting out a chuckle

"Kay don't you want to fuck with these rappers and get money so you don't have to stress yourself so much"

"No I rather work hard go to school graduate then keep working hard until I get to where I want to be so I can live comfortable and relax I don't need no man to provide for me"

"I understand but I gotta go and get this dick talk to you later babes"

"Bye hun"

That girl is a mess. I hung up and proceeded to take my shower.

After I was done I changed and sat on my bed grabbing my laptop off my nightstand turning it on and getting started on my homework. I have to finish as much as possible if I'm going to enjoy my self this weekend.

____Next morning____

I woke up to my alarm going off indicating that it was 6 which meant it was time for me to get ready for class.

Once I was dressed I went to cook me some quick breakfast before I was out the door.

I finished up grabbing everything I needed for my day since I wasn't going to be home until around midnight today. I don't know why I'm paying all this money when I'm barely at home but its whatever.

I pulled up to school and got out walking in the building. I walked up the three flights off stairs and walked in to my first class of the day which was business 101. I'm trying to get my business degree along with my degree in fashion so I can own my own clothing company as well as being a music engineer and producer. I also want to be a lawyer.I know its a lot but its always good to have back up on everything you do.