Chapter seventeen

chapt 17

third person

"Hi Alex." Gerard said down the phone, he was trying not to sound like he was crying, but Alex could tell.

"What's wrong Gerard?" Alex asked, worried that Gerard would make the situation that he's in sound not as bad as it actually is.

"I tried to kill myself." Gerard answered, this time telling the truth.

"Right I'll be there in about five minutes, I'm guessing that you can't get Frank or Mikey up?" Alex asked by the time he'd finished that sentence Alex had a pair of jeans on and a t-shirt and was almost at his car.

"No, they sleep really deeply." Gerard answered.

"How bad is it?" Alex asked, now he had his car started up and was driving.

"I don't know, I'm terrible at judging how bad something is." Gerard answered

"Are they still bleeding?" Alex asked, he was almost there just a bit of distance left.

"Just a little, not to bad though." Gerard answered.

By this time Alex got there and he hung up the phone, Gerard was sitting on the stairs outside the house.

Gerard had a short sleeve T-shirt on and his arms were really bad, Alex had never seen someone cut themselves this badly.

"Why?" Alex asked.

Gerard lifted his tear stained face up to look at Alex, then he put his head back down.

"I had a really bad and messed up nightmare." Gerard said and started crying more because he was thinking about it.

"Want to talk about it?" Alex asked.

"I'd rather not, sorry." Gerard answered, he was trying to calm his crying down.

"It's okay, don't worry, and you're staying off school today." Alex said, missing Gerard's Tuesday classes wouldn't be to bad, Alex thought to himself.

Gerard nodded then laid his arms wrist side up on his knees that were almost up against his chest.

"Do you want me to bandage them up for you?" Alex asked after a while of silence.

"Sure." Gerard whispered.

"I'm going to get them from my car." Alex said then ran to the boot of his car and took out all the bandages and dressing from the first aid kit.

Alex came back and put the dressing on the cuts and then he put the bandages on to keep the dressing in place, then he done the same for the other arm.

"Thanks." Gerard said quietly.

"Want to go inside?" Alex suggested because it was freezing outside.

Gerard nodded and they went inside and into the living room, Alex had a glimpse at the clock and it was quarter to six, so only about fifteen minutes till Jack will be here.

"I seen my father in the nightmare, he made me watch him hurting Mikey and Frank." Gerard blurted out part of what happened in his nightmare to Alex.

"Don't worry, he can't hurt you or anyone else again." Alex said in a reassuring tone.

Gerard nodded and was about to say something when there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it, it's probably just Jack." Alex said and went to get the door.

Jack came in after Alex quickly filled him in on the out lines of what happened and said he'd elaborate later.

"I'll try to wake up Frank then Mikey." Alex said and then Jack sat down on the sofa opposite Gerard.