Marcus 16

My family was leaving today and I was kinda sad, I probably wouldn't see them until after the new years but which made me feel worse. I really did miss them and only seeing them on holidays and the rare vacation we get to go see them was torture...... but I also loved my job down here and Khalil loved his job, Noah and Cori loved their schools and I didn't want to just up and move because I missed my family. I stood by the door watching as my mom flirted with Devin, Tonya, Liberty and Cadence talked about something occasionally looking over at Rex who was discussing wedding plans with Khalil. Then I saw Marsean standing way in the back talking to Noah, I don't know what it was about Marsean but Noah respected him more than anyone..... except me and Khalil. Whatever he was saying to Noah must of struck a cord because Noah started to tear up a little, after several minutes they all said there goodbyes and we were off to the airport. We got to the airport and as I was saying goodbye to Tonya, Marsean pulled me to the side and I could tell by the look on his face we were about to talk about Noah.

"Ya'll need to ease up on Noah he's a good kid, he's just trying to find out who he is." Marsean said seriously and I tried my hardest not to roll my eyes.

"I know he's a good kid.... but that's the thing he's a kid. I'll be damned if a kid thinks he's going to do whatever he wants, as long as he does what he's suppose to do and stops trying to bring those hot in the pants little girls in the house we'll be good." I said.

"Aight I'm not about to argue with you about your kid but...... you should at least try listening to him and see why he's doing the things he's doing, it may put some things into perspective. But look I got a plane to catch, I'll call you when we get back to the house. Love you little bro." Marsean said pulling me into a hug. I waved goodbye to my mom, Tonya, and the kids before walking back to my car.

When I got to the house I walked inside and was greeted by an unusual clam, for the past couple days I had gotten use to the sound of having a house full of people now it was just me, Khalil and the kids. I walked into the living room not surprised to see Khalil, Noah and Cori all sitting in front of the television watching football. Being that it was Sunday I usually cooked a big meal but considering that Thanksgiving had just passed I didn't plan on cooking again until Christmas. I walked into the kitchen and started looking for something for dinner when a pair of hands wrapped around my waist and a pair of lips press against my neck.

"I'm so glad everyone is gone..... don't get me wrong I love having them here but I miss having alone time with the love of my life." Khalil whispered in my ear.

"You do realize that I'm not cooking right? So you can stop trying to butter me up." I said turning and Khalil pushed my up on the counter top.

"Did I ask you to cook? I said that I wanted to spend some alone time with you, preferably without any clothes on. So I figure we got a few hours, the boys will be distracted with the football games.... maybe we could sneak upstairs and get things started." Khalil said kissing me, my body was screaming for me to oblige but before I could make my mind catch up with my body Noah walked in with his head turned slightly away from us.

"Umm dad what's for dinner because Cori's hungry and so am I." Noah said and Khalil looked at me and smirked.

"He's talking to you not me so what's for dinner?" Khalil said and I was tempted to knee him in the nuts, but I refrained.

"What do y'all want? Because I really don't feel like cooking." I said looking at Khalil who was messing with the buttons on my shirt, I smacked his hand away and looked at Noah.

"I was thinking we could maybe make our own pizza or something...... you know as a family." Noah said blushing and looking at the wall. I looked at Khalil and he just shrugged, no help whatsoever.

"Aight I'll need to go to the store, go see if Cori wants to ride with me." I said to Noah who walked away mumbling. "Marsean said something that's been bothering me, he said we need to listen to Noah and see why he's been doing some of the things he's been doing...... you don't think he's....." Cori ran into the kitchen with his coat on ready to go.

"I'll talk to him while y'all are gone. Make sure you get some whipped cream, I'm trying to have you for dessert." Khalil said said kissing me and backing up slowly. I shook my head and got up grabbing my jacket, before I could make it out the kitchen Khalil grabbed my hand and pushed me against the wall. "I love you." He said rubbing my thigh making me forget my train of thought.

"I'm huuuunnnngggrrryyyy." Noah complained from the doorway. I looked at Khalil who just shook his head. I walked out the kitchen with Cori right on my heels.

At the store the last thing I wanted to do was spend an hour in here when it should've only took fifteen minutes tops. But here we were grabbing more unnecessary stuff because it was hard for me to tell Cori no, finally we got everything we needed and as we were heading to the check out I stopped because there was someone I hadn't seen in years.

"Qwanell?" I asked and the person turned around and smiled at me, yeah it was definitely him; he looked exactly the same as he did the last time I saw him. "What are you doing here?" I asked as he pulled me into a hug.

"I live down here. I have been for the last few months, this you?" He asked looking at Cori who was hiding behind my leg.

"Yeah he's mine. Why didn't you tell me you were moving down here the last time we talked?" I asked.

"It just kinda happened I met someone and the rest is history." Qwanell said smiling.

"So whose the lucky lady?" I asked pointing to the condoms and KY in his basket and giving him a knowing smirk.

"Umm..... just someone I've been talking to but it was good seeing you Marcus." Qwanell said nervously, before walking away quickly. Hmm.... that was weird, but whatever I was getting hungry and ready to get back home. We got back home and I was trying my hardest not to gag as Khalil, Noah and Cori piled their pizzas with some of the weirdest ingredients.

"I ran into Qwanell at the store." I said looking at Khalil who was eating olives straight from the jar.

"Oh yeah, we'll have to have him over some time but Noah quit eating all the peppers before we run out." Khalil said throwing an olive that hit Noah right in the forehead, Noah retaliated by throwing some peppers at Khalil... within a few seconds they were throwing food at each other, while I stood there trying to figure who was going to clean up because it wasn't me. "Alright that's enough..... Noah clean this mess up I need to talk to Marcus real quick." Khalil said putting the pizzas in the oven.

"Aight dad." Noah said as Khalil picked me up and carried me all the way up to our room, then laid me across the bed.

"I'm thinking we got twenty minutes of foreplay before they come up here to tell us the foods ready." Khalil said kissing my neck.

"Did you talk to Noah about that's been on his mind?" I asked and I could almost feel Khalil rolling his eyes.

"Yeah he didn't want to talk about it and I didn't see any reason to press him, he'll talk to us when he's ready." Khalil said rolling over and looking at me. "You got that look in your eye." He said smirking.

"What look?" I asked trying not to smile back.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, that look you get whenever you're trying to distract me. But I'm telling you it won't work this time......." Khalil said pulling my pants off and tossing them onto the floor.

"Ayy dad there's someone on the phone for you he says it's important." Noah said knocking on the door.

"That's you." I said looking at Khalil trying not to laugh, it was amazing how we knew who Noah was talking about just by the tone of his voice.

"Tell them I'll call back, I'm busy right now." Khalil yelled holding me in place.

"Aight he said to tell you his name is Brian and to call him back as soon as possible." Noah said and Khalil looked at me, why the fuck was Khalil's ex fuck buddy calling? Khalil got up and grabbed my pants before walking out the door, leaving me wondering what the hell was going on................................