Chapter 14

Christian

I really hoped Lucy would be able to help Jackson. I hadn't specifically told her it was a Neko tail she would be fixing. I had just asked if she could come and look at a cat tail, that could potentially be broken and/or dislocated.

When I heard her arrive I got extremely nervous...what if she reacted badly? Too late now. She entered the living room and immediately saw Jackson and Lukas without their tails or ears hidden. Her eyes widened slightly.

"Lukas? Hey how are you doing. I didn't realize you had a Neko friend." She said, looking over at Jackson. Wait...what? She knew Lukas was a Neko...? Did she know about the others in the room? "By the looks of it...I am assuming it is Jackson with the injured tail."

She walked over to Jackson and lifted his tail for her to see. "Darcy I am going to need you to stop numbing the pain while I observe. I am sorry Jackson but this may hurt quite a bit."

Jackson

I felt a wave of pain all of a sudden. I started to shuffle around a bit in order to get comfortable, but nothing worked. "I am going to have to pinch the end of your tail to look for nerve damage. If it hurts that's good news as none are damaged, if it doesn't hurt then your nerves are damaged. Ready?"

I shut my eyes tightly. "Go." The pain was unbearable. I screamed at the top of my lungs and crawled closer to Christian.

"I am sorry. Jackson. Come here." She shuffled closer and pulled me into a hug. "I am sorry but it had to be done. At least your nerves aren't damaged and you can still feel with your tail." She squeezed me a little before letting go and observing my tail.

"It is dislocated so I will have to pop that back in. And it is broken here." She pointed about three quarters of the way down my tail. "I will have to complete a few x-rays on that. But I can fix the dislocated part. Ready?"

She grabbed the base of my tail. I squeezed my eyes shut and clawed onto Christian for dear life. "Go."

There was a click and a tsunami of pain. "Darcy numb the pain." she said. The pain subsidised dramatically. She started to wrap a bandage around the base. "You will needed to keep this on for support. I would keep it on for a month if I was you. I can book you in tomorrow morning to check out that break. Go through the back entrance and I can sneak you in. I will call Christian tomorrow morning saying what time you need to be there and how to get to the back entrance."

She had finished wrapping the base of my tail. She started wrapping where she pointed out the break. "That should give it a little support for tonight, until I can properly wrap it tomorrow after the x-rays."

She looked through her bag. "These painkillers would be ideal for Jackson." She said handing a small blue container to Christian. "Obviously, Darcy is good at numbing the pain but she does have to go home at some point."

"Thank you." I whispered. I was feeling extremely sleepy now. Maybe Darcy was doing that. I slowly fell asleep, in Christian's lap.

Christian

"Thanks for your help Lucy." I said, as she packed away the left over bandage. "Do you know Lukas from somewhere?"

"He was hurt during a Neko fight about a year ago now. He was very panicked as there aren't specialist Neko doctors. He ended up phoning me as we were friends already and had been for a few years. He asked if I could look at a cat tail and a left cat ear. I said sure. Turns out it was him that needed assistance, not his supposed cat."

"You were okay with the whole Neko thing?" I asked, genuinely curious now.

"Yeah. It was a shock at first. But I wasn't phased by it. I fixed his tail and ear, while I asked questions about it. He spoke about Darcy and Taylor and other supernatural forms. I wasn't really bothered by it all...if anything it's cool." She said grinning a bit. "Anyone else hurt who needs assistance?"

"Nope I think we are good. Guys?" I asked, look around the room. They all shook their heads.

"I shall be off then. Remember, one tablet every four hours for Jackson. That dosage may change after I sort out that break tomorrow, but for now, one tablet every four hours." She said talking to me as she stood up with her bag.

"Wait!" We all looked over to Taylor who had just shouted. "Have you got a nail file?"

"Yes I have. You need one?" Lucy said laughing. Taylor just smiled back with puppy dog eyes. "Here you go." Lucy fished around her bag before finding a brand new file, still in its packaging. "Anything else before I leave?"

"Nope." We all said in unison, a part from Jackson who was lightly snoring.

"I shall be off then. I will call you tomorrow Christian. One tablet every four hours. Bye." She said walking to the front door.

The door opened and closed with a soft thump. "Should I give Jackson a tablet now so it starts to work just before you leave Darcy?"

"I can stay as long as you need me but I would recommend waking him up and giving him one. I will get a glass of water for him." She got up and walked into the kitchen.

"Jackson...wake up." I gently nudged his shoulder. He stirred but didn't wake up. "Jackson?" He slowly opened his eyes and groaned.

"Sleep..." he whispered.

"You can sleep but you need to take a tablet first. It will help with the pain when Darcy has to go home." I sat him up slightly. Careful of his tail.

Darcy returned with a glass of cold water for him. I tipped out a tablet from the container and put the container on the coffee table, in front of the couch. Darcy handed me over the glass and sat back in her spot.

"Open your mouth Jackson." He opened and I placed the tablet in before he closed it again. I put the glass to his mouth and tipped it carefully. He swallowed the tablet and tapped my leg gently to say 'no more water'. I put the glass on the table and let him lay back down on my lap. It wasn't long until he was quietly snoring again. I set a timer on my phone, to alert us in four hours time, so he would get his next dosage at the correct time.