Legacy 14

Devin, Cam, and Rex wanted to go get something to eat since they were tired of leftover but honestly I didn't mind leftovers, hell I haven't had a home cooked meal since I broke up with Lorenzo (unless you counted pizza rolls and hot pockets as home cooked), but I was down for whatever it's been a while since I had some time off and I missed hanging with them. Blaze was suppose to be meeting us up there so it was almost as if the whole group was getting back together minus a few people. But we got to the restaurant and thanks to Devin we were led to a 'special' table, we all sat down and I could tell Cam had a lot on his mind but I also knew he didn't want to talk about it from the look on his face. Blaze showed up and we ordered our food, things were going great mostly us acting like teenagers things took and unexpected turn.

"Khalil and Zyshaun went to go talk to Sa'vion." Cam said abruptly and the entire table froze, it was as if someone dropped a flash bang grenade in the middle of dinner. Blaze and Rex both glance at Devin who was turning a little red, I was glad he learn to control his anger because the old Devin would've tried to fight Cam.

"Okay is that supposed to get a reaction out of me Cam?" Devin asked even though everyone at the table knew Devin was dangerously close to reacting.

"No..... I was just letting you know,the reason he's here is because he wants to apologize to you and Khalil for what dad made him do." Cam said and I watched Devin closely, this was an extremely dangerous conversation and I had to be ready to react in case Devin snapped.

"Coo........ I'll expect his apology only after I beat his ass and return the favor because in case you forgot big BROTHER that nigga stabbed me." Devin said lifting up his shirt and revealing a scar on his stomach.

"And Khalil and Zyshaun beat him to the brink of death. Why can't y'all just forgive each other so we can be a family again." Cam asked.

"That nigga was never my family........." Devin said in a low, deadly voice.

"These shrimps are good as fuck." Rex said and despite the tension at the table I had to laugh, Devin cracked a smirk and leaned back in his seat wrapping his arm over Blaze's shoulder.Thank god Rex averted an argument but I knew.... at least for now it was put on hold.

"So Devin you never finished telling me about your trip to New York." I said changing the subject because the table had become a little too quiet for my liking.

"It was coo, it would've been better if Torian would've come with me but I had fun. Cardo and Dro seem to be doing good with there job up there..... Zyshaun's pleased." Devin said.

"Yeah they needed to get away after all the shyt they went through and that whole......" Everyone at the table looked at Cam basically telling him to shut the fuck up, because what happened was supposed to be a secret that would never get brought up again.

"Ayy Legacy there goes your boyfriend." Devin said looking over by the door and laughing, I turned to see who he was talking about and it was the dude Mique from the club with a bunch of other dudes. God he saw me looking....... great now he's coming over here, why is he smiling at me?

"Wassup Dev?" He said turning away from me.

"Shyt chillin with my boyfriend and brothers." Devin said smirking in my direction. I got up and walked outside, to get some air because Mique's constant staring was making me nervous. After a few minutes, I turned and Mique was walking out the restaurant.

"I'm not the type of nigga to beat around the bush so I'm just going to be real, I'm tryin to fuck with you. I don't know if Devin told you but I've been blowing his phone up trying to get him to give me your number but he wouldn't do it so I'm stepping to you myself, you gonna let me get to know you?" Mique asked and I started laughing. "What's so funny? You mean to tell me you didn't feel something when we were in the bathroom?" He asked

"I'm surprised you even remembered that considering how drunk you were." I said smirking. "But I'm going to have to decline, me and my ex are still connected and I'm not looking to start talking to someone until I know where things are going with him." I said trying to ignore how close he was standing to me.

"That nigga is an ex for a reason, he obviously did something to hurt you..... and I'm not saying anything about a relationship, I just wanna chill with you every now and get to know you better." He said sincerely.

"Did Devin tell you that my ex is his brother?" I asked and if Mique was surprised, he masked it well.

"Look if you want I'll fall back until you figure things out with you ex....... but I still want your number." Mique said smiling and I couldn't help but smile back at his infectious smile. I took his phone out his hand and put my number in his phone.

"Text me your number and I'll call you and maybe we can discuss hanging out." I said smiling as I walked back into the restaurant. I got back to the table and Devin was staring at me, I punched him in the arm and smirked. "You could've told me that Mique was asking about me, instead of letting me get caught off guard."

"Ayy I'm staying as far away from this situation as possible. Say you and Mique do decided to get start fucking with each other I want plausible deniability, I don't anything to do with y'all getting together. That way if Enzo comes to me I can honestly tell him I had nothing to do with it." Devin said gently rubbing Blaze's hand, I thought about it and he had a point I didn't want Devin getting involved in whatever was going on with me and Enzo.

"Legacy can I talk to you outside real quick?" Cam said and getting up before I could even reply. I looked at Devin who just shrugged, I knew Devin as well as 90% of the family was getting sick of Cam's attitude. I followed him outside and tried to figure out what was going on with my boy.

"Cam......" I said and he turned towards me.

"Me and Liberty are considering getting Cori back." Cam said looking into my eyes.

"Oh....... why hasn't Liberty told me anything about it? Now that I think about it the last time I spoke to her about it she said loved the job Khalil and Marcus were doing with Cori and she couldn't have thought of better people to take care of Cori than those two." I said remembering the conversation I had with my sister two days ago.

"Well I've been considering it..... Liberty hasn't exactly, well I've been considering it but Liberty is of the mindset that as long as Cori's happy and healthy, she's happy." Cam said not making any sense.

"Cam what's going on with you bro? I mean you're really pushing this Sa'vion thing, you're trying to pull Cori out of a healthy environment, you're arguing with Khalil and Devin a lot more over little things that normally y'all laugh about. So I'm asking you as your best friend and brother what's really going on?" I said looking in his eyes.

"Nothing damn Legacy can't a nigga just want to spend time with his son and see his whole family together before......." Cam turned his head and watched as Devin, Blaze, and Rex all started walking out the restaurant. "Just trust me I have to do this." Cam said quietly.

"Nigga you owe me $28.87 for your food." Devin said staring at Cam, before turning to me. "Legacy don't worry about your food, it's covered and before you ask no it wasn't me." Devin said turning back towards the window and looking at Mique.

"Whatever...... let's just get back and make sure Mama Angela hasn't killed Noah and Saint yet." I said walking away but not before turning around one more time to look at Mique...............