eleven

The sun is what wakes me the next morning. Allie is still fast asleep in my arms, sprawled along my body in comfort. But I lightly move my hand to her bottom and lift her closer, her hand moving to my chest. She takes a deep breath and I feel her move again, this time to grab my own hand. I hold it back and run my other hand against her bare back, the skin soft and warm.

"If there was one thing I could have every morning," I whisper to myself, my eyes gazing upon her parted lips and eyelashes that lightly rest on her cheeks.

"It'd be you," I say, her little fingers warm and small against mine.

I kiss her eyelids and she shifts, moving her other hand into the hair at the top of my hair. Our torsos are the only thing not covered by the sheets and her soft legs are still felt against mine. While she sleeps, I set my other hand on her bottom. It's my protective side; holding what's mine.

It's not long before she wakes up and I start receiving kisses on my neck. Her fingers move and entwine with mine, her nose brushing my jaw as she lifts her head.

"Hello baby," I whisper, her nose rubbing with mine.

"Hi," she smiles, my hand staying on her bottom as I keep her close.

She rolls off me and I watch her, her body on show to me once again, her beauty breathtaking.

"You are gorgeous," I smile, her laugh filling my ears. I've found my new weakness; she has made my knee weakness nothing compared to my heart.

"You're beautiful," she smiles, my eyes staying on hers. She has the bluest eyes in the morning and I don't think I'd want to look at any other eyes.

"And I am going to hate what I'm about to say," she says, my arm wrapping around her. I have a feeling I already know, so I keep her close for just a few more minutes.

"Work?" I ask, her head nodding.

She cups my chin and I smile, her smile reciprocating mine. "At least let me make you something to eat before you go," I suggest, her head nodding. I get up, putting my prosthetic on and pulling up sweatpants.

"I'm stealing your shirt," I hear Allie, my body turning. She winks at me and pulls my tee over her head, my eyes never seeing such a perfect sight.

"You can have it," I start, her eyes looking up at me as I walk closer. "Looks better on you anyway."

With that, she smiles and I hug her. I keep her so close and I kiss the top of her head, basking in the morning with her. She is the sun; so bright and beautiful.

My hands grab her shoulders and she smiles up at me, grabbing my waist. "You're amazing," she tells me, my hands grabbing her cheeks. I kiss her forehead and rest my head on hers.

"No, baby. You're amazing," I tell her, but I continue. "Because no one has ever cared for me the way you do."

~*~

My body turns over in bed, my eyes shut in a hope to ignore the pain. I bury my head into the pillow and I hear my phone ring, my eyes squeezing shut but I grab it in hopes of Allie calling. But no, it's a number I recognize but never thought I'd see again.

"Hello?" I ask, my body rolling onto my back.

"Hi, um, Harry?" I hear the voice say, my eyebrows furrowing.

"Lou?" I ask, his voice ringing through my ears.

"What's up Haz?" he asks, my lips curving.

"Oh my fuck, where have you been?" I ask, laughing.

"All over man. But listen...I've got some bad news," he says, my head nodding.

"Sure, what's up?" I ask, his sigh heard over the phone.

"It's...it's your dad, Harry," he says, my eyebrows frowning.

"What's wrong with him? I mean, he hasn't talked to me in years," I say, his words rendering me speechless.

"He got into an accident, Harry. He-He didn't make it," he tells me, my body shooting straight up.

"My dad...He's gone?" I say, his silence all I need. My hand comes to my forehead as memories of my father and I come racing to the front of my mind.

"Holy shit...I-I have to come home," I say, horrified to think I lost my father.

"The funeral is tomorrow. We couldn't find your number...the news is a bit late. It's out here in Manhattan," he says, my head nodding.

"Still the same hometown house?" I ask, his voice affirming it.

"I'll take a bus out and be there tonight. Do you mind if I bring someone?" I ask, praying my Allie will be there with me.

"Yeah man. Listen, my mom's got extra rooms," he explains, my head nodding.

"Thanks. I'll, uh, see you soon."

"Bye, Harry."

I hang up and immediately dial Allie's number, waiting to hear her voice.

"Hello," she says, my heart stopping.

"Allie, I need to go home," I tell her, then I hear her stop.

"What's wrong? What happened?" she rushes, my body falling back. It's all coming to me and now I just want to be with her.

"My dad...Allie. He's gone," I say, her sympathy clear.

"Oh, Harry. I'll be there in a few minutes," she says.

I feel so sick to my stomach that all I want is for her to be beside me.

"Bring a change of clothes. I want you to stay with me up there. Be with me," I plead, needing her.

"Yes, Harry. I will be with you. Just hang on. I'll be there soon," she says, hanging up.

I put the prosthetic on and get dressed, packing clothes to wear tomorrow. As the time passes, I just sit on the edge of my bed and sulk, thinking of how shitty a son I've been. I've lost my father; a man I haven't seen in years because of my own pain and suffering.

Two hands grab my shoulders and I look up, Allie grabbing my cheeks. She kisses my forehead and hugs me, my body held to hers.

"Shit, Allie, it hurts," I tell her, her hands brushing my cheeks.

"I know. I know, Harry," she whispers, kissing my face. I can't help but just completely collapse in her arms, my eyes squeezing shut. I grab her shirt and break down in her arms, her petite body latching onto me.

I then completely fling her onto my lap and hold her, needing her. Allie doesn't let go and I stay in her arms for as long as I can think, just relaxing with her like she's allowed me to do before.

"I will be here, Harry. Anything you need, I'm here."

~*~*~*~*~

Hey Loves!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!

Much Love! <3 xoxo