Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"FAYE!" a scream startled me out of my dream, my frantic heart accelerating as I tumbled from my bed and crashed to the floor. "Good Goddess, Glitter. Its too early for that." I groaned rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Memories of last nights dream began to fade leaving a happy smile on my face. Glitter floated a few inches off the ground to my left, her hands on her hips as she waited for me.

"Faye, we have 45 minutes to be in Paranormal 101!" she said before plopping herself on my bed. She was fully dressed in dark skinny jeans and a light pink tank top. I shot up, untangling myself from the sheets, that had gone overboard with me. Once I was on my feet I dived for the bathroom taking the quickest shower in the history of all mankind before coming back into the bedroom. With a towel wrapped around my hair and body i walked over to my closet. "WAIT!" Glitter shouted at me. 

I winced a hand over my heart that skipped a beat at the crazed vampires voice. "What?" I turned back at the petite vampire shaking my head when I saw the outfit in her hands. "I picked you out some clothes." She held up a baby blue sweater that had satin blue ribbons on the sides that tied into a bow. 

It was definitely one of my more "cute" clothes. I shook my head "No, that's too sweet." I turned back to the closet and rummaged for a few moments before pulling out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a rough looking faded grey nirvana t-shirt. I quickly dropped the towel and pulled on a bra and undies set, before pulling on my outfit. "Really Faye? Its the first day of school." Glitter whined a little and I laughed. 

"Yes, I don't want to look approachable. I've already made all the friends I need." I swung my arm over her shoulders, springing a giggle from her pink lips. I let her go a grabbed a pair of slip on grey vans moving to my dresser. Taking my signature black tattoo choker and pulled it over the towel that still covered my damp hair. Putting in a fresh pair of gauges I moved on to finishing my hair. 

Pulling it free from the towel i ran my fingers through it. "WE GOT TO GO!" Glitter yelled looking at her phone and grabbing my hand. "Wait our bags." I screeched as she dragged us out of the dorm and down the stairs with her inhuman speed. "Its the first day we don't need them." She responded back trying to pull me down the dew covered hill, our dorm room was perched on. I yanked my hand from hers causing her to stop abruptly. 

"No more running. I'll get to class on my own time." I said sticking my hands in my front pockets. Running places gave me prolonged anxiety, even if i was going to be late it was better i walked at a normal pace. 

Glitter shook her head but matched her pace to mine. The walk back thru campus was nice, it wasn't too cold yet. Fall hadn't set in fully, but the trees were beginning to change shades. Once we were back to the main building Glitter showed me where most of our classes would be. She stopped just before opening the door to our Paranormal 101 class.

 "Ready?" She asked dramatically. I rolled my eyes but gulped a little "REady as ill ever be." with a small smile I nodded and she pushed the door open. I had been expecting a class size of 30 or so students which was common in human public schools. But this class was set up more like a college class. The back of the class had steps that led up alongside the desks. About 50 or more students stood or sat around waiting for the teacher to come in.

 Fortunately, we had entered the class undetected. "FAYE, GLITTER. OVER HERE." Jake screamed across the room. Everyone's eyes snapped to us instantly and I couldn't help but scowl at the boy with shaggy hair. Glitter smiled taking my hand again and running us up to him. I let out a sigh holding my heart again. 

"Will you cut that out!" I turned on her before looking to her mate. My hand launched out smacking his arm. He whined in the back of his throat, giving me a puppy dog look. "And you don't scream." He looked down at his feet before giving me a sheepish smile "Sorry Faye."