The Arranged Marriage of the Year... To A Vampire (part 14)

RECAP:"You don't have to tell me Rain, not until you are ready, or if you ever are," I said wiggling my way up. I kissed the top of his head as he sat there, rigid as a board, and Laral helped me up the stairs to my room, and before I got to the top of the stairs, I looked back to see Rain sitting there were I left him, a worse pain on his face than Laral's and I knew he would never tell me, because it was his own little world, where bad things happened, that changed the way he thought, ate, looked that he didn't want anyone to invade on, because, like the bad, good things happened also that he would never think of sharing that were a big part of that small story.

As Laral took me to bed, I lay my head on her shoulder, "I wish I could heal you both, and Angel, too. You all seem to have a few problems." I had thought they had the perfect life, beauty, immortality... but it was full of pain, suffering, and even death. 

I felt her smile as her arm, that circled my waist, pulled me up better, so I wasn't stumbling as much. "You have problems, too, Arianee," she said. "I mean you are rooming with a few Vampires, and two are fighting over your love, and you have to marry one, and maybe, eventually become one yourself..." she trailed of and I heard strain in her voice. 

I began to fall asleep as we entered my room, and she pulled me over to my bed. "Good night sweetheart," she said. "Sweet dreams," she whispered, before turning off my lights. 

I woke up and slowly, painfully turned over, eyes closed. I sighed into my pillow, and frowned. 

Someone's hands brushed my cheek, which resulted in me screaming, and trying to bolt up, backing away. My hands flew up to ward off anything. 

My voice was horse and scratchy as I screamed. 

I opened my eyes to see Angel's face, closest in scrutiny, which was full of mild humor and sadness. My hand indistinctively went to my own as if to brush off the worry. Then I saw Rain in my door way, his face also had mild humor on it, but more worry as to wonder what had caused me to scream. 

I flushed, not at all happy that they had heard me scream. "Sorry," I mumbled, as I watched Laral brush her way past Rain and into my bedroom, watching Angel intently, in worry and disgust. She scowled at him, and watched as he moved slowly toward me. 

"What are you doing here?" I whispered to him alone, aware that they, Laral and Rain, heard every word I said. I felt a need for a more private talk, but they wouldn't approve, especially Laral, who had some feud with him. I looked over at both of them, what were they all doing? Was it really necessary to wake me? Or were they unaware that I was tired? 

"Well," Angel said, still amused, "I suppose they are here to make sure I won't do anything rash," he smiled sadly, "or kidnap you, I suppose," he made a joke out of it. 

"Why would you kidnap me?" I whispered. He lanced his fingers through mine and my eyes immediately went to Rain. He tensed, but did nothing to stop him. 

His eyes looked grave as I studied them. I always had a weird felling for Angel, he was like my protector, my warrior and sometimes I felt lost without him. I hadn't realized this until last night. I wondered how he had been turned, but this seemed like a bad time to ask. 

"I am here to say good-bye, Arianee," he said, looking at me skeptically. 

"Why?" I asked, fastly. "Do you want to leave? Are you doing this for your benefit or someone else's?" I glanced over at Rain and Laral, who both adverted their eyes, looking anywhere but at me and Angel. 

"Well, yes," he shook his head to clear his thoughts, "I mean," he looked into my eyes; "Arianee, YOU don't want me..." his eyes pleaded me to understand the pain of rejection. 

"But-" I started, as tears flew to my eyes. I wanted to tell him he couldn't, I wanted to tell him how much he meant to me, and why he did I didn't know. He meant something and maybe if I could figure out why, he could still be in my life. 

I did understand why he wanted to leave, but I felt lost just thinking about him gone. I didn't want him to leave, at all. I was selfish, and I didn't care. 

Stupid tears slid down my face and I retched my hand away from Angle's wiping them away. 

Laral left to go do something, and Rain came closer. 

Rain wiped one away I had missed. 

"Angel," Rain said, "will you just come back later? I was wrong to spring this on her..." Rain grabbed me up in his arms, but I wanted different arms, but I turned into him and didn't watch Angel leave... to saddened by the thought of him leaving to watch him walk away. 

Who could I not live without: Angel or Rain? 

Or would I get myself killed as I tried to decide who I should spend my life with?