•Already•

Alison Hayes traced small shapes on the crack in her bedroom window. They left marks; cute, little fingerprints. Alison found them intriguing, because she had a different set of fingerprints to everyone else. They are what made her unique.

And she felt good about it; because different is good, right? The world had too much of the same thing.

"Look at her," her mother, Veronica, whispered from the doorway. Next to her stood Ella Hayes, Alison's older sister.

"I'm worried about her."

"So am I, mom."

Alison's ears perked up at the hushed tones and turned her head slowly towards the noise.

"Mom," her voice cracked weakly.

"What are they doing here already?" a boy, Alison's age, with dirty blonde hair and an empty hole where his lip ring should be, scoffed.

"Don't be rude." Alison scolded him. "They're just watching out for me."

"They don't have to be. You're perfectly fine." the boy frowned. "There's nothing wrong with you."

"There isn't?"

"No," he told her, sitting next to her. "They're just jealous of you."

"They are?"

"Yes, pretty girl."

"Oh Luke, apparently I'm two people at the same time," Alison laughed, seemingly dismissing his comment. "How crazy is that?"

"Totally crazy."

Meanwhile, Veronica and Ella looked on at the little girl murmuring to herself, her giggles filling up the empty room.