149

(triple update wow look at me so generous) (shower me in votes)

after an hour of somewhat awkward and uncomfortable silence that followed their breakfast, phil decided to take a shower to clear his mind. he took a deep breath, getting up and walking towards his bag to pull out a clean pair of boxers, a t-shirt and pajama bottoms.

"where are you going?" dan asked, finally opening his mouth after a long time and phil turned around to face him slightly, before grabbing a towel.

"i'm going to take a shower," he stated, pulling his shirt over his head, and flinging it on the floor. he noticed dan's dark eyes raking down his body and he tried not to get too carried away with his thoughts, as he shook his head, pulling his pants down his legs. dan was quietly watching him, biting his lip harshly.

"do you," phil swallowed. "do you want to join?" phil asked slightly unsure and hesitant and dan quickly denied, regretting it almost immediately.

"i mean, i, i'm okay, thanks," dan rambled and phil's cheeks flushed before he silently made his way to the bathroom. of course dan wouldn't join him, what was he thinking? he was probably still mad at him, or maybe having showers together was just a one time thing. he shook the thought out of his head, turning the shower on, and allowing the scalding water to hit his back. it was slightly too hot, but he was beyond the point of caring and soon the steam was rising, fogging the shower glass.

he felt a bit relaxed and his nerves calmed down. he avoided thinking about anything but the boiling water piercing his back, as he tilted his head to wet his greasy hair. his eyes dropped shut as the water cascaded down his face like a burning waterfall, and any other time phil would squeak and adjust the temperature, but right now it was the least of his concerns.

it had been only around five to seven minutes before phil heard the bathroom door opening, and closing shut. maybe dan wanted to pee? he sighed loudly, allowing his body to drench in the weltering liquid, before he felt a cool breeze entering and the shower glass was pushed open.

"can i join?" dan asked nervously, and phil stepped out a bit to open his eyes. his cheeks which were already red from the steaming shower flushed even more as he stared at dan's naked figure, and dan just ran his hand through his tangled hair, embarrassment coating his features and he refused to look at phil.

"yeah, of course," phil forgot that dan had even asked a question, and stepped back into the shower, and dan closed the door, walking in a few steps before flinching.

"shit," dan mumbled as the hot water touched his skin and he reflexively stepped back, frowning a bit.

"is it too hot?" phil asked softly, pushing his wet hair back off his forehead, and dan was almost unable to say anything. phil was so fucking beautiful.

"huh? yeah, i mean, yeah," dan stuttered and phil just gave him a comforting smile before adjusting the temperature.

"is it fine now?" phil asked, wrapping his fingers around dan's wrist and pulling him forward, and dan jumped a little, getting closer to phil at the sudden warmth engulfing him. phil wrapped his arms hesitantly around dan's waist, pulling him closer and dan just smiled, dimples carving in both cheeks as he rested his chin on phil's shoulder, placing a soft kiss against phil's neck.

"i'm sorry for everything," phil mumbled somewhere between the constant pattering of water and dan pulled back to look at his face. he pushed the hair away from phil's eyes, leaning forward to press his forehead against the older boy before answering.

"i love you," he said and phil couldn't stop himself anymore. he simply tilted his head, leaning forward and pressing his lips against the younger boy as the water continued to fall over them, but none of them were interested in the shower anymore.

--

IM UPDATING SO MUCH BC I DONT KNOW IF I'LL BE ABLE TO TOMORROW

ALSO I AM SO EMOTIONAL I FINISHED MY OTHER BOOK FUCKBOY IT WAS A GR9 JOURNEY