Book-Covers

Yay! Alright... This chapter was really fun to write! I'm not sure if you know this or not (And I'm not sure if you care...) but I love book-covers!

You see... Book covers have an important meaning! Whether you know it or not, some stories wouldn't be very successful if they didnt have a good book cover. Honestly, would you rather check out a book with a black background and white words that say "The Story Of Love" or a picture of, for example, a rose sticking out of a pair of sneakers with purple and pink writing that says in a cool font "The Story Of Love"?

Right, I thought so!

Alright, back on track! If you have an interesting book cover then you’ll get more viewers. That’s all. But, for those of you who aren’t very good at making book covers, it’s a bit harder for you. I must agree, my book covers aren’t the best, which is why I sometimes go around asking for people who like to make them to make them for me. First off, by doing this you are getting your name out there to those people who like making book covers. Secondly, with a better book cover you get more viewers.

Book covers not only are suppose to be pretty and eye-catching, but are sometimes the only image of you story, which gives the audience a glimpse of what the author sees.

It’s simple, if you have a cover with a picture of a boy and girl on it holding hands what do you think? That they’re in love, what else would you think? 

If you have a cover with just a girl on it the story could be about many things. Its okay if you cover is simple, but make sure it explains a bit about your story and is very eye-catching and different! Remember that word? It means standing out!

I (almost) always check out a story with a cool cover! Why? The cover catches my eye, and I’m tempted to see what the story is about.

Why the hell is that girl throwing her shoe in the river (Random... I know!)?

Why the hell is there a hot-red pair of panties sitting in the parking lot? (JK: I probably wouldn’t read that…)

Why the hell is she walking in a field all alone with nothing but her suitcase (Not as original as it use to be...)?

Attractive covers: Good!

Meaningful covers: Good!

Appropriate covers: Good! (For me anyways)

Colorful covers: Good!

A cover with a question I want to know the answer to: Good!

I hope this helps you all! If you want me to add anything else about covers feel free to leave a comment down below and I will be happy to put your comment in my guide!