Chapter One: Birthday Bullets.

[Aida in media above]

"Are you almost here yet?"
"Give me five minutes, Riki." Aida [eye-d-a] rolled her eyes exasperated. This was the third time this evening Riki called and now it was five minutes to nine. Aida was rarely on the road this late at night, much less driving to a club on a Friday night, she'd usually be home, either attending to her work or cuddled up with a good book, if it wasn't for the fact that it was her cousin, Chiriki (whom she often calls Riki), birthday, she would've shrugged the whole thing off. The only reason Aida was really going was to make sure that little rascal doesn't get arrested for any of her juvenile stunts. Riki was turning twenty-one and although she has exceptional skills and talents that landed her in an Ivy League university, she's always been a bit of a trouble maker, a lot like Aida used to be when she was younger, and so she knew she was stuck playing the 'responsible older cousin' because she was the only family Riki had here.
"You said that ages ago!" Riki yelled into the phone.
"I told you I'd be there by nine. It's eight fifty-five." Aida believed in punctuality, she was a very impatient person and never felt the need to make someone late for no reason, which is why she was always so punctual herself. Checking her watch, as she rounded the corner she smiled. With three minutes to spare.
"Alright, call me when you here." Riki hung up just as Aida pulled into the building. Aida took a moment to mentally prepare herself not to punch anyone tonight. Aida didn't quite mind social gatherings, her job required for her to be a somewhat social butterfly, however she did not like places like this; loud, rowdy parties, where hot sweaty bodies were pressed into each other, where the music made the building shake and where she could hardly trust whether or not a couple did 'the nasty' in her seat.
The difference between this bar and all the others was that this was strictly a lesbian club, popularly known as 'Kitten Kouch' (yes, 'couch' spelled with a 'K').
"Yes Kiki, I'm outside." Aida sighed picking up her phone.
Aida had never ventured to this side of town and when she finally found the building, she was surprised to see how busy the club is, considering it was a 'round the corner' club, but the waiting line managing to rope around the large building twice and drag behind two buildings.
"What are you doing outside nigga?! Getchu ass in here!" Riki could've fooled anybody that her accent, she was a person who is well adapt to her peers and environment, down to the way she talks, walks and dresses, but Aida could still hear her Kenyan twang under her southern accent.
"Alright." Aida blew a low breath. Grabbing Riki's birthday gift, Aida locked her car and made her way to the main entrance.
"Excuse me sir-"
"-Ma'am." Aida growled at the beefy Caucasian body guard. The guard eyed Aida.
"Is your name on the list?" The guard ignored her remark holding out her hand, blocking Aida's entrance.

[Riki in media above]

"Aye! Is there a problem ova here?!" Aida smirked when a familiar mane of curls peeped over the guard's shoulder.
"No ma'am-"
"-Then why is you harassing ma cousin?" Riki frowned. The guard looked between Aida and Riki, with a forced smile, the guard gave way.
"Happy birthday Chiriki!" Aida yelled, the music would've drowned out most of her words if she hadn't screamed directly in Riki's ear.
"Thank you!" Riki yelled back. "Come on!" The club was dark and the strobe lights splattered the walls in a disarray of colour. Riki led Aida passed the half naked bodies that were bumping and grinding, passed the obnoxious speakers that was currently blasting Chris Brown, the air thick and heavy, nearly choking Aida as perpetrating clouds of marijuana, alcohol  and sex that blanketed around them.
"That's much better." Riki sighed. Once Riki closer the door, the room was nearly mute.
"Where are we?" Aida asked.
"Relax, I'm not going to jump you." Riki chuckled. The lights came on. "I knew you'd appreciate the silence." Riki smirked. Riki stood a decent height of five feet nine, smooth mocha skin, her acicular frame complimented by a grey muscle tee, black joggers that hung low on her waist and matching black Jordans.
"Is that for me?" Riki gasped.
"So dramatic." Aida rolled her eyes, handing over the gift.
"I gotchu a gift too." Riki a devilish grin formed on her lips. Moments later, a gorgeous Latina lady strutted over to Aida, with two bottles in her hands. Aida couldn't help but stare, the red corset the lady wore hugged her sexy body in all the right places, her lips painted to match the corset and the pumps she wore elongated her slender legs.
"Vodka? Whiskey? Tell me. What is your poison Papi?" The lady whispered. The one thing that Aida and Riki had in common was their love for women. Both Riki and Aida are lesbians. However, growing up in Kenya, within a country, society and culture that furiously condemned homosexuality, deeming it as "un-African"and sinful, they never got to fully express their sexuality. Moving to a more liberal country gave them that freedom to do so. Riki abused this privilege, anyone would if they were a six foot androgynous model and a spicy mix of Latin American and Kenyan. Aida lost count of how many girlfriends Riki has had since she landed, but Aida, unlike Riki, was too busy to have such illicit fun, and even if she did, it was always on occasion.
"I'm good." Aida diverted her attention to her cousin, speaking in Kiswahili, "Sidai chips funga (I don't want your whore)." Riki chuckled lighting a blunt.
"Maria, why don't you and yo' girls go get ready. It's almost time fo' the sho'." Riki dismissed. Maria nodded, seductively swaying her hips as she existed the room.
"It's been a long time bruh." Riki said, offering the blunt to Aida.
"I'm good." Aida responded, reaching into her jacket pocket, she pulled out a tobacco pipe that was twice as thick as Riki's blunt.
"You rollin' with sum Italian mafia or sumthin' damn nigga." Riki laughed, tossing her lighter to Aida. Aida, unlike Riki, preferred cigars, tobacco was her poison, she didn't mind weed but she preferred staying sane under stress and her cancer stick was more than enough to calm her.
"How've you been?"
"Not bad. Working." Aida responded.
"You work too damn much-"
"-which is why I have a six figure salary at twenty-six." Aida smirked.
"Aight man." Riki chuckled, holding her hands up in mock surrender.
"YOOO!" They were interrupted by a group of women, Aida assumed that this was Riki's squad. Aida watched in silence as the five women greeted each other, taking notice of Aida. All of these women would typically be categorized as studs; if it wasn't for the fact that this was a lesbian bar, Aida would have mistaken a few of them for males. They all spotted a similar dress code; Khakis, joggers, Jordans, v-necks, sweatshirts, some tatted, some pierced but each woman considered a stud seemed to fit those descriptions. While Aida never cared for labels, but she knew most people viewed her as a stud as well (that is if they even noticed she is a woman from the get-go, some instances she gets mistaken for a man). Riki on the other hand was not someone you could easily group, she lay between a stud and a stem, a hyper masculine persona with a very faint feminine touch to her, she was the kind of female who could switch it up whenever she wanted and still slay either way.
"This ma cuz, Aida. Aida, these are ma bitches." Riki said.
"Your bitches? Fuck outta here with that bullshit." A laugh from the group as Riki was mean mugged.
"Hello." Aida greeted, nodding at them.
"This is Jasmine-"