Chapter Thirteen

"Okay, class you are dismissed."

The students quickly followed the teacher out of the classroom. They must be going out to buy food to eat since it's lunchtime. Chuuya glanced beside him.

"Hey, Dazai -" he quickly cut himself as his eyes laid on an empty table and chair. "Damn... I forgot you weren't here." he hung his head.

"It's so boring without you.. Bakazai. Can't you just wake up soon? To be honest, I miss you. I really do.." he just sat there alone, looking stupidly at the empty chair next to him. "I wish you were here..."

Atsushi, on the other hand, didn't hesitate to sit next to him. He placed his bento next to Chuuya's. as usual, Chuuya is still gloomy. he missed him a lot. Atsushi felt the same too. Dazai is a very nice person.

"What do you plan to do this afternoon, Nakahara-san?" he asked. "I was thinking of visiting Dazai-san.. would you like to come with me too?"

"We've been visiting him every single day. yet he still refuses to wake up." Chuuya said, looking at the window.

"Now now, he might wake up in a couple of weeks or months. He's still going to wake up, I'm sure of it. He will." Atsushi patted him on the shoulder and smiled.

"Yeah, I know Dazai is a strong person. He will go through all of that." Chuuya said, looking at him.

They decided to visit him every single day. Bought him flowers and even talk to him while he's asleep. Dazai might be asleep, but Chuuya knows inside that he's listening to him. The old lady from the flower shop visited Dazai too. She placed several flowers on a table and wishes him to get well soon.

---

Three months have passed and Chuuya stayed strong for the two of them. Winter came, Christmas was coming. One morning in December, Chuuya woke to find his house covered in snow. he shrugged and brought his blue scarf around his neck. Those three months while Dazai was still asleep, he studied how to knit a scarf of his own. he knitted two scarves. One for him and one for Dazai. Blue for him and red for Dazai. he really put his efforts and love into making them.

He closed the door behind him and locked it. the whole Yokohama was all wrapped up in the Christmas spirit. A soft smile appeared on his lips as he passed various snowman. Few youngsters are playing snowball fights on their snowy garden, bundled up in thick coats, scarves, and gloves. His hands are clutching the scarf tightly.

Chuuya pushed the door open, only to be greeted by the familiar smell of the hospital. Dazai sure hated hospitals so much. He told him one time that he doesn't like it because of the hospital beds. He always felt that he was going to die. He walked to an elevator, few patients are there with him. He finally reached Dazai's room. He breathed inside and out before turning the knob open.

Chuuya couldn't believe what he is looking at right now. His eyes dilated. It was a miracle, was it? It's a miracle that... that Dazai was there, looking at the windowsill, alive and breathing. He turned his head towards the lad who was in complete shock. Dazai's chestnut eyes showed nothing but sorrow. His eyes are blank and cold. Chuuya quickly walked towards Dazai, unable to find words that will suit that what he will say.

"D-Dazai..." Chuuya stammered tears are escaping from his eyes. "D-Dazai I am so sorry... I didn't mean any of this to happen..god you don't know how happy I am right now.."

"Oh, C-Chuuya, " he said cutely. "I'm sorry but I couldn't remember a thing before I passed out."

"You idiot, you were involved in an accident. A truck hit you and your head got hit so badly because you were drunk! You were in a coma for the last three months! You don't know how much I struggled, how I look after you every single day. It hurts seeing you there, Dazai, it hurts a lot!" Chuuya explained, sobbing not stop.

Dazai chuckled, "Silly you.. don't be sorry." he ruffled his orange hair, he missed it. "It was my fault on getting drunk like hell. I thought you didn't like me. I thought you just like me as a friend. Now stop crying Chuuya, you know I hate it when you cry."

Chuuya nodded and wipes his tears, "What were you thinking? Of course... I love you!" he blushed terribly. "I-I liked you ever since we first met. I was very happy w-when I met you. Yous-saved me from my loneliness. You were my everything. I was so shocked that's why I ran away from you. You were my happiness, Dazai... I am so sorry.."

Dazai put a finger to his lips, telling him to shut up. "That's enough, Chuuya. don't be sad. I am here now, alive and well. Also, I missed something very dearly, and I can only have it from you."

Chuuya laughed, he clearly knew what he was trying to infer. He leaned closer to him and sealed his lips against his. Dazai's hand ran around Chuuya's hair, pulling him closer. He snaked his arms around Dazai's neck as they kissed passionately. They pulled away for a while, trying to catch some breath. Dazai's lips were cold, but once he kissed him, it became warm again.

"I missed kissing you a lot.." Dazai smiled softly, pressing his forehead against his and intertwining his hands with him. "Your hands are so soft and warm. I should be holding your hand longer so that I wouldn't feel cold anymore."

Chuuya gently gave a paper bag to him. "Here, I made it for you for the past three months when you were asleep. I really thought you wouldn't wake up but... I had faith in you. I know I would see you again."

Dazai gasped. He pulled out a hand-knitted red scarf and wrapped it around him. "This is so lovely of you! Thank you, Chuuya. I love you so much. Thank you for taking care of me."

Chuuya ruffled his hair and whispered quietly into his ear, "Love you too, Bakazai."