12

I really hope to have the battle only last one or two chapters. I also just realized that this book may actually end in a few chapters... I wasn't hoping for it to be so short. Anyway enjoy.

After a while Thranduil noticed something. He noticed that Thea was gone. He felt stupid for realizing it after she had left but there were other things to focus on. After he had pulled her onto his elk they had rode away through the battle, slaughtering orcs as they went . And then Thea had left him quickly hugging him from behind before leaping from the elk and disappearing into battle. But that was not what Thranduil meant.

What he meant was that the Thea he had brought back with him after he was captured by orcs was different than the one that was there now, and he didn't know if that was good or not.

Thranduil shook that feeling off. This wasn't the time for reminiscing. He pulled his elks reins to the side and rode straight down a long bridge, knocking orcs over the sides as he went. Suddenly his steed feel out from beneath him, causing Thranduil to slide to the ground.

He looked up to find himself in a city street surrounded by orcs. He fought and killed all but one and just as he was about to strike that one down an arrow flew from somewhere. Looking around he found Thea standing on a side street, bow drawn, a blank stare on her face.

"Thranduil." She greeted in a monotone that Thranduil thought was gone.

"Thea. Good to see your alive." He said pretending that he didn't notice the change in her demeanor.

"As I you." A small smile crept onto her face. More orcs and elven soldiers flooded the street. Thranduil and Thea fought together for a while until the battle pushed them apart.

When it was over Thranduil stood in the center of a ring of orc and elvish bodies, his people who had died for this. He looked around for Thea, even nervously venturing to turn over some of the bodies. But she was nowhere to be found.

***

Thea stood at the edge of a frozen river as eagles flew over head. Thorin Oakensheild and Azog fought a few yards away, too caught up in their battle to notice her. She told herself that she would not intervene unless Thorin's life was in danger. But her captor and enemy was so close, and Thea could kill him. To get back for all the pain he had caused her.

But no. It was too late now. The ice sheet flipped and Azog was plunged underneath the water. Thorin stood panting then looked down into the ice and Thea could also see Azog's creepy smile under the ice.

Thorin jumped into the air and Azog burst from under the ice. The king under the mountain and the orc fought on, until their swords were locked, Thorin was lying on the ground trying to keep his sword up. In his eyes Thea could see a decision being made and she knew Thorin's life was in grave danger.

Thea lept onto the ice, running lightly like an elf. She met Thorin's eyes as she drew her weapon behind her old enemy. It came out of its sheath with a shing. Azog turned around, burying a knife in Thea's stomach as she pushed her own weapon into his heart.

The orc feel back and Thorin rolled out of the way so he wouldn't be crushed. Thea staggered for a few moments before falling into her knees.

"I'll get you help my friend." Thorin said, sounding worried, his hand on her shoulder. After a moment Bilbo was beside her.

"A fat lot of help you'll do." Thea joked, swallowing back blood.

"Hey lie still, don't speak." The Hobbit said. "Thorin is trying to find Thranduil. He can help." He pulled back the armor covering her stomach and gagged.

"Oh my." He said, then composed himself. "Now I'm no doctor but I'm sure you need to not fall asleep."

Thea nodded, but she already had her eyes closed.

"Hey!" Bilbo yelled. "Come on we'll get help, you have to hold on."

Thranduil came running across the ice to find a the Hobbit trying not to cry. The Elf king bent down and placed a hand on her head.

"She died with her eyes closed. Good." Thranduil said mostly to himself. "When they die with them open the have to see themselves go."

He picked up Thea, holding her close to his chest. There was a horrible silence. Then Thranduil picked up Thea's left wrist testing it for a pulse.

"She's alive." He breathed in relief, just loud enough for Thorin and Bilbo to hear. "She's alive."

That was a long chapter. Almost 800 words. I hope to update again. I've entered this Story in the watty awards. Thanks to you I've made it this far. Have a great day.
Vote, Comment, xD

Vertala