Chapter 5: Energy Part 1

A/N: So I'm aware this update was pretty slow, and I'm ready to upload 2 chapters of the new Kehlani and Rihanna story I talked to y'all about in the last update, but I want a bomb cover for it, so would any of you guys be willing to help me make one? Pretty pleaaaase lol but this is just a little filler, and super short, so I'm sorry bc I know I usually write really long chapters. I know it's kind of boring but I wanted to update I need more ideas! What do y'all wanna see?? Oh also, Dimitrius in the media.

Energy Part 1
Friday August 21st, 2015
8:00 P.M.

"Yo, back up out of my shorty's face." Alex warned, stepping between Patricia and I.

"Oh so now she's your shorty, huh?! Alex I swear to god you are so- ugh!" She shouted.

My eyes went over Patricia a couple of times. She was fine as hell, smooth dark chocolate skin, pretty waist length hair and-

"Back the fuck up!" Jalen's voice huffed loudly, snapping me out of my trance. By now a large crowd full of onlookers had started to form around us in the parking lot. The sound of an engine a little too close made everyone start to spread apart to make room for the vehicle. Out of it, a boy called Angel hopped out, along with Jackson, Dimitrius, Ralph, Mason, and Arron. They were some of their school's best basketball players, and hey always made the local news for their outstanding highlights, but I didn't pay them any attention. They weren't what I was here for.

A second red sports car pulled up beside it and out of it five girls emerged. More of Alex's friends, I assumed. All of them were very pretty and dressed nicely. I made a mental note to myself not to let my eyes drift for too long, for fear that I'd get caught.

They all approached Alex and I, as well as the boys. The girls and boys exchanged hugs while Alex and Jalen, who had finally gotten Patricia to leave, dapped up the boys.

"Wassup?" Jalen nodded at me with a small knowing smile.

"Hi." I said back, faking shyness.

"So this my girl, Jayla. Say wassup to everybody baby." She nudged me. Girl? Since when was I her girl?

Jackson's eyes became wide as he looked between the two of us rapidly. He seemed just as confused as I was. "This is your girl? Now hold up, cuz the Alex Purcell I known since the third grade ain't never had no girlfriend." Everyone made their own statements of agreement.

"I mean, we ain't official yet. But you know how I do." She stuck her tongue out and winked, earning laughter from her peers. I felt Alex's hand move a little farther down my spine. Her friends were making her far too confident.

"So Jalen had to take out the trash, huh?" One of the boys commented.

"Hell yeah! Thot Squad getting crazy out here. Swear Patricia just won't give up, my nigga. We need to set up some traps with cheese or somethin'." She responded.

"Why cheese, though?" Someone asked.

"Cuz rats love cheese, nigga, don't you know?" Everyone erupted into laughter.

Suddenly, my phone started to vibrate.

"I gotta take this, I'll be right back." I said politely, before excusing myself.

I walked behind the slightly populated bleachers and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Aye, how's everything going so far?" It was Cassidy.

"It's okay, some shit almost went down. I guess her ex wants to fight me or some shit. I could give a fuck less. But ol' girl was bad as fuck, though." I explained.

"Is that it?" Cassidy asked. She didn't sound very impressed.

"Well, jeans this tight should be a damn crime. And now all of a sudden she's calling me her girl and shit." I said in a hushed voice.

"So? That doesn't mean nothing, Jay. We do all that all the time to other females. She's just tryna make you feel all special and sparkly inside." She reasoned.

"Oh shit, you right, you right." I exhaled.

"Yeah," she replied, as if she was saying duh, "I know you don't have that many brains but try to use what you have okay?" She said in a condescending tone.

"Fuck you, nigga." I smacked my lips.

"Okay, so you got everything in place right?" She asked.

"Yeah, I got it. Everything." I said, palming the piece in my hand. I can't believe I'm really about to do this.

A/N:
What do you think Jayla is about to do?
What do you think the "piece" in her hand is?
What do you want to see more of in the story?
Is anybody excited for my Rihanna X Kehlani story? No? Okay 😕 lmao

*** sorry for advertising here lmao but my new story has been published!! Please go checkout my book "Love on the Brain" I promise you'll love it!