Don't be afraid to be different

By Anonymous

~

So I remember in third grade I knew that I was different from the rest of the girls in my class. I didn't exactly know why tho. all I wanted was to be friends with them but I knew there was something about me that was different. I remember acting all boy crazy for Jonas brothers- even tho I actually had no interest in them whatsoever. Don't even get me started on when everyone watched Hannah Montana and I thought it was because of boys and then I pretended to be obsessed with Mitchell musso.....

The first time the idea of being gay was presented to me was when I was in second grade and my older cousin was watching me because my parents were out of town somewhere and he used it as an offensive slur. I asked him what it meant and he explained it to.

Anyway... Speed up time to fourth grade. One direction was just becoming a thing and my step sister was already getting into them. She tried to get me into them and of course, I wanted to fit in with other girls my age so I pretended to like them yet again.

So yeah... For a long period of time I pretended to be something I wasn't because I suppose I was afraid of who I was. I think it was sometime around third grade or fourth grade when I really started questioning myself.. But I buried those feelings away.

Fifth grade was actually when I started voicing it out more. I thought I was bi.

Then in seventh grade I started learning more and more about the LGBTQ+ community and I learned what pansexuality was and I decided to stick with that label until this very day. That's really it...

But the moral of this story is don't try to be something you're not.