Questioning Fate!

***I don't own anything Twilight. But my characters and the plot are mine! ***

I sat there in front of Esme."I don't know what came over me. I just felt like I was alone with him. And I liked it."I looked down. I love Xander. But why did that shifter change it?Yet I feel something toward TJ too. I sighed. "Esme, he looked into my eyes and felt it too. I swear. It was like... I don't know how to explain it."Esme hugged me."Grace, the only thing I can tell you is to follow your heart. It will lead you the right way."She smiled. Esme left me to ponder that. My mind was as confused as my heart. How could my heart lead me the right way?I went looking for anyone else. They all seemed to be busy with getting to know each other all over again since their lives aren't over. Seth was on patrol. And Jacob was with Renesmee while Bella and Edward were tucking her in. So I decided to get some fresh air.

I went out on the back porch. The moon was high in the sky with grey clouds running through it. The sight was pretty. I leaned on the railing and looking out at the trees. I bit my lip. Xander will be back any minute from hunting. He will still see me upset and worry about it. I couldn't tell him how I felt when I met TJ. It would hurt him. I didn't want to hurt anyone. I froze when someone had opened the porch door. They walked slowly  across the wood. I turned to see it was TJ. The sight of him made my heart leap."What do you want?"I tried to not to sound upset. The guy approached me. Just staring at me.

TJ cleared his throat. "I'm sorry. Jacob assigned me to watch you. Since I'm new to being a wolf."He was blushing. And he wasn't even looking at my face."He said that once your fully converted to the Cullen diet, then you will be safer to be alone. Are you alright with that?"I nodded. This was the most akward conversation I ever had. It almost made me laugh. I smiled."Nice to meet you again,TJ. I'm Grace Volt...I mean Cullen. Grace Cullen now."I blushed. TJ shook my gloved hand."Jacob, filled me in with everything I need to know. I can't believe that wolves and vampires exist. I mean I knew of my ancestors, not in todays world. Jacob said your a half breed between human and vampire.."I giggled and nodded. TJ seemed to be rambling."Yes I'm half human, then half vampire."TJ smiled. Rubbing the back of his head. He sighed."Grace Cullen, I'm sorry about earlier. I am just not used to being around you know. And I spoke to Jacob about it. He will talk to me and you about it later at a bonfire this weekend. Only if you want too."I bit my lip.  He is asking me out...hmmm. I don't know... I looked at him."Sure. Where will the bonfire be?"TJ lit up like a child at Christmas."Its at First beach. On the reserve. Your ummm...Vampire companion can't come. But Renesmee is coming with Jacob. And Jacob said Renesmee liked you. So your welcome there too."He blushed. I nodded once more."Ok. I will go. And don't be embarrassed. Your speaking to a half breed that has been locked up for many, many years."I patted his shoulder. He followed me back inside as I plopped down on the couch and turned on the tv. I put a movie on. I wasn't really paying attention to it. My mind was on Xander and TJ. And it wasn't helping that TJ was watching me. I started fiddling with my hair, twirling it around my fingers slowly.

I finally decided that I needed alone time. I stood up and TJ moved with me."TJ, I am going to bed early. Tell Jacob that I will come to the bonfire with Renesmee."I faked a yawn and stretched. TJ smiled and nodded."Goodnight Grace."He stood there in front of me. Staring down into my eyes. I felt like he could see my soul. It gave me chills. His hand came up and stroked my cheek. His touch was warm, really warm and soothing. I loved it. I just wanted to curl into him and sleep. I pulled back, my face was red with blush like his own face."Goodnight TJ."I smiled and walked upstairs.  I closed my bedroom door. I stripped myself of my clothes and walked into the bathroom. I ran a bath scented with roses and lavender. With lots of bubbles. I slowly laid into the scalding water. Letting myself soak. I closed my eyes.  I held my breath as I dunked my head. I came back up only a few seconds and wiped the water away from my eyes. I relaxed in the tub until Alice knocked on the  door. I stood up and wrapped a towel around my head. Pulling a robe on and tied the belt as I opened the door."Alice?"I shook my head as the pixie girl held a a hairdryer and straightener along with some more cute pajamas.

Alice gave me the biggest puppy dog pout I ever seen. I sighed in defeat. Within minutes, I was in a chair in front of the bathroom mirror. Alice dried my hair, straightening it as straight as a board. Alice smiled as she finished and I dressed in the pajamas she brought me. "I saw you decided on going to the bonfire this weekend. Renesmee is so excited. Xander will allow you to go. But he is still worrying about you."I sighed."Thanks Alice for doing my hair. And I need answers that TJ and Jacob will answer."I stood up. Brushing my hair once more. I hugged Alice. We both said our goodnights and I crawled into bed.

The rest of the week flew by. Xander and I barely spoke. He mostly hung out with the guys since I wouldn't tell him what was wrong with me. I went for walks with Seth and TJ following behind me. Seth was becoming my best friend. Well guy best friend at least. TJ told us about his city life. His Mother was Jacob's Aunt and she moved off of the reserve to marry a white man. And TJ's Father left a year ago and that caused TJ to phase. I couldn't help everytime TJ spoke, my heart leaped into my throat. And thats why I had to go to the bonfire.

Saturday morning came finally, Alice did my hair plus my makeup and picked out my outfit. I looked in the mirror, my hair was down my back in waves with a blue butterfly clip holding half of it back. My outfit was a short blue cotton dress that had a lace black camisole and black leggings along with a pair of black boots. I blushed."I look..."I breathed in. "You look beautiful."I turned around to see Xander behind me. He pulled my hair gently to the side kissed my neck. I held my breath. My cheeks were on  fire. I hugged him. He was about to kiss me. But Alice pushed him away."Don't mess up my masterpiece, Xander. Or you will see my wrath."Xander held up his hands and escorted me outside where Jacob was driving the Volvo, TJ was in the passenger seat and Renesmee was waiting on me in the backseat.

The drive was silent. First beach was thirty minutes away. The pack was already there. The fire was going. Sam, the other Alpha was cooking burgers and hotdogs. There were children playing along the beach. And the pack members were all cuddled up to their girlfriends. I walked with Renesmee while TJ and Jacob grabbed the food. The sun wasn't out even when it was almost noon. We all settled around the fire. Renesmee was sitting in Jacob's lap. The other childern were sitting on the ground. Billy Black, Jacob's Father started speaking of the spirit warriors. The story also mentioned cold ones. I figured out that they were talking about vampires. I had to hold in my laughter. I listened as Sam took over after the story. The children were all asleep by now. This is what I was waiting for. And it caught my attention. Sam took his girlfriend's hand. Holding it close."In this generation of spirit warriors, we find our mates or rather soulmates by imprinting. Its something we can not control. When we see her.."He didn't look at anyone besides his Emily. I noticed everyone was looking at their partners. I blushed. Sam continued."When we see her...It's not like love at first sight, really.It's more like..gravity moves....suddenly. It's not the earth holding you here anymore, she does.... You become whatever she needs you to be, whether that's a protector, or a lover, or a friend."My mouth dropped out and felt a warm hand find mine. TJ blushed as he squeezed my hand. I stood up, pulling away from him and walking away. I heard TJ get up and follow me.

I turned around. Pointing my finger deliberately at him."Why?Why me?Do you know what you just put me in?"I shook my head."I have Xander. I love him. And he loves me."TJ looked at me, pained."Grace, you heard Sam. I couldn't help it. Do you really think I would want to imprint on someone I just met?Don't tell me you love that vampire because Jacob told me that you just met him not even two weeks ago."He growled. I rose an eyebrow."I do love Xander. Then you came along and wolf claimed me like I was supposed to just drop Xander and run into your arms."I knew the pack would hear all this. But at the moment. I didn't care. TJ stood there. He was stunned."TJ, I like you. But I met Xander first."TJ clenched his fists."I will fight for you. You are my soulmate. We are meant to be together."I turned my back to him and crossed my arms over my chest. Hearing him run toward the trees to obviously phase and blow off steam.

I returned to the bonfire."Jacob, Can I take Renesmee back home?"Jacob didn't argue with me and helped me get the little girl inside the car. I drove back to the house. Edward met me in the driveway. He had a concerned look in his eyes."You know?"I rolled my eyes as he nodded. Taking Renesmee from me and putting her in her bed to nap. I ran into the house, passed Xander and locked myself up in my room for the rest of the night.

***Wow!What do you think?So TJ imprinted on Grace, but she loves Xander. Who will she choose?Comment and Vote. Thank you!!!***