[ 1 ]

「 day one 」

there seungkwan stood in front of the window, gazing at the gray sky, his expression showed no emotions, his eyes no longer sparkling as they once were.

like a person who just turned into a doll, standing still, lifeless.

his sister is watching him from the doorway, her lips turned into a frown and she clenches tightly on the doorknob. trying to figure out what makes seungkwan happy again.

"seungkwan? do you wanna talk?" she asks, furrowing her eyebrows as she got no response from her own little brother. the elder sighs and pushes herself to walk towards him, then she gently put her hand over his shoulder.

"bro, it's alright." she reassures, even though she knows it isn't. their dreams are gonna end after one month and every hard-work they did will be a waste, all because of the damn world ending.

and deep inside she really wanted to see seungkwan graduate happily and find a person that's right for him.

she's beside him, yet he still doesn't talk, it's like something is stuck in his throat. to prevent him from breaking down, a heavy feeling in the pit of his stomach. a lump that's preventing him from conversing with his sister.

he blinks every minute, his lips slightly parted and he just stood there gazing up at the boring sky. that is fascinating in a way, the sky just expressed the way he's feeling at the moment. bored, sad, and bored. hollowness slowly awakening in him-

his sister then nudged his stomach, making him snap out of reality and averted his gaze away from the sky, now all of his focus is on his sister.

"you should buy some ramen, we'll eat together." she grins at him then pulls the money out from her pocket, then gives it to him. "keep the change."

sighing, he made his way towards the front door and wore his shoes. after that, he slowly walked downstairs. his mind wandering elsewhere.

he walked towards the market that was a few blocks away from his apartment's building. he made sure that he'd walk slowly and carefully enough not to bump on people, if he's in bad luck, the person will curse at him. which hurts him the most, words can sting more than action after all.

he finally reached his destination, he rubbed his hands together and took a deep breath. going inside and he's greeted by the cold, he shivered and looked around to find the ramen section.

and he can't seem to find it, no one is around the market either. he continued to walk around this silent market, finding the staff or whoever works here.

but the next thing he knew, he fell on the ground with a loud thud while a few cardboard boxes were in front of him.

he immediately stood up and picked up the boxes, apologised repeatedly to whoever he bumped into.

"thanks, and sorry. i couldn't see where i was going." the guy gave him a bitter smile, before taking back all the cardboard boxes from seungkwan. he was wearing a beanie, it compliments his pale skin and his bangs are barely covering his eyebrows. he's... beautiful.

'vernon.' seungkwan thought, he caught a glimpse of his name tag. then he followed hansol who was struggling to hold all of the cardboards together.

"may i help?" asks seungkwan, then he goes beside hansol and picks some of the cardboard boxes from him.

"thanks, that helps." they both proceeded to go into the storage room and threw the cardboards in the corner.

"what's your name?" asked hansol, walking beside seungkwan who simply introduced himself to the latter.

"can you tell me where's the noodles section?" hansol shrugged, making seungkwan groan.

"i came here for nothing? unbelievable." they then exchanged a few words to each other, finally comfortable and just became friends.

"i guess because the world is ending and people are craving for noodles." hansol jokes, making seungkwan eye him and huff.

"the world is ending and my bloody graduation is next month. i wouldn't live through it." and then awkward silence suddenly took over the whole market, because they're the only ones there.

more and more people are dying out of suicide.

and they just have to live through this, acting nothing is wrong and smile through the stinging pain in their heart.

___
how is it? verkwan gives me life.