Chapter 18: Glass Buildings...

BOOM!

A daeben emerged from the erupted ground, red eyes fixed on his prey. The sword in his right hand cut through space with the speed of a viper, its aim the opponent's jugular. The monster at the receiving end snarled in contempt as it jumped back. With a sufficient gap created, the hammer in its hand roared as it swung down at the daeben.

Kashi kicked against the destroyed stairs. He deftly spun in place, strands of hair just about singed off by the deadly strike. He pushed a button on the handle of the sword and it snapped open into a dangerous bow.

Froy let out a guttural roar as several arrows ripped into its chest with numbing speed. Blood pooled in his eyes as he issued another roar, this time filled with rage. As if responding to his cries—or maybe to send him to his death faster—several arcs of red electricity roared out of the hammer. These red arcs burrowed into Froy's blood and heart, writhing underneath his skin like enraged serpents.

Several arrows struck against Froy as Kashi rapidly backpedaled up the stairs. The daeben's pupils constricted as those arrows exploded after smashing into an invincible force field. Shit! Kashi knew he had done it now. He had provoked something he shouldn't have. He naturally knew the meaning of red electricity.

Just like armors and weapons, elemental attacks were also divided into grades. Aside from Water, Air, Light and Dark, whose natures never changed, Fire, Earth, and Electricity were divided into five major grades, each multiple times stronger than the last. Fire started from Orange to Yellow, Blue, Black and finally the realm destroying white. Even Razznik, that monster could not reach the level of white flames. If by chance he had, he would not even need to fight. Just a wisp would have been able to clear out several thousands of combatants. Earth was a little different, in that its rank only increased in terms of hardness. At the base level, it could be said to have the hardness of graphite. In time, it would grow to have the hardness of diamond which could block almost every attack known to man.

This was the level Zeing was at. It was also the reason Rider refused to fight with him. The dwarf's defense was too perverted. He could just stand in a single position and receive attacks for several days before there was even a chink in his defense. This was also why Earth users were hailed as the best in terms of defense techniques.

Electricity's destructive ability fell short of Fire. It lacked the flexibility of water and air and was not as defensively stable as earth. Indeed it was an all rounder element, but that was also why it was one of the most feared elements as a single lightning mage could handle a fight against thousands of soldiers far better than any other elemental could. Its destructive ability, which was woefully short of Fire in the early stages was only slightly less powerful in its latter stages, especially at the last two: Red and Black Lightning.

Anyone who read light novels or watched animes would know what these two represented. They were the pinnacle of Lightning arts, used only by high-level Gods or end-level OP characters. This was absolutely not something a normal mortal could possess or control!

With this in mind, Kashi leaped back, eager to drag this fight out as long as possible. This was no longer a case of if he could kill Froy or not. Since the priest had unleashed the red lightning, it was only a matter of time before he perished. Now, it was more a question of surviving until the inevitable occurred.

Froy's bloodied teeth curled in a sneer at Kashi's retreat. "Think you can run?" He took a step forward, then 'poof' he disappeared!

Kashi's eyes pulsed as he activated [Mind's Eye], forcibly enhancing all his senses to their limits. Like most of his passive skills, the daeben had frequently used this skill outside of battle whenever he could. As such, even though the skill was only Lv.2, most importantly, it was no longer disorienting. At this point, the daeben could easily keep it on indefinitely, since the cost of 500MP was not much to him who did not rely heavily on mana-consuming skills.