I Got A Confession...

Flashback: 6 years ago (13 years old)

I'm just now getting home from school and I feel like somebody literally poured cement on my joints. I can barely get upstairs to my bedroom. I decide to take a shower, maybe that will help. All that walking around school really messed me up.

I fall on my bed after my shower to try and ease my mind and relax my muscles. At the same time I hear my mom walk in the front door. Right now I don't even care about homework I just wanna sleep and get rid of this pain. Within seconds I could feel a tightness in my legs that slowly takes over my whole body minute by minute. I am in so much pain and I cannot for the life of me get rid of it. I have a well of tears in my eyes because my muscles feel like they're frozen.

I'm starting to cry like a little baby and then I hear my momma come upstairs and open my room door. It's a good thing I'm not naked. She don't like to knock.

"Ray, you alright. I just made some food. If you're hungry you betta come and get some." she jokes unknowing to my current situation. She walks up to my bed, when she sees me crying her whole mood changes.

"What's wrong Ray?" she asks, fear evident in her voice. All I can do is cry. I try my hardest to form any kind of sentence but it only leads to more pain and more crying. By now my whole body is tight. My momma is so scared she does not even hesitate to put me in the passenger seat and drive to the hospital...
################################

I will never forget the day I found out about my chronic muscles spasms. Over the years I have learned to control it but every now and again it will creep up on my ass. I haven't even told Lucas about because me being an over thinker I'll start to think things like:
"Will he freak out? Will he be upset because I didn't tell him when we first met? Will he be able to handle it if it gets out of control?"

You know shit like that. I'm still tryna figure out the best time to tell him though.

"Whatchu thinkin' bout babygirl?" Lucas asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"A lot of stuff, but one thing in particular is bothering me." I confess. I'm pretty sure he's gonna ask me what it is.

"You know you can talk to me about anything Ray." Lucas explains. I honestly don't even know how to start this discussion and I'm starting to over think again. Lord help me.

"Okay, I got a confession..."I start and whenever you hear someone say that it's usually not good. He turns his whole body in my direction. My heart is low-key racing, but I'm a big girl so here goes everything.

"So, about 6 years ago I was diagnosed with chronic muscle spasticity. It's basically is when my muscles get really tight and I can't move or talk. Sometimes it gets so bad that all I can do is cry. I didn't tell you that when we first started dating because I didn't know how you would react to it, but I feel better now that I told you." I state waiting for some kind of verbal reaction

"Damn bae. That's crazy, but tah be honest, I can't be mad at ya fah not tellin' me b'fore. Shit I don't like tah tell people everything about me when I first meet them. I'm a very quiet person so I like tah get a feel for that person before I tell them my life story. Just know that I luh you n I'm hea fah you, alright." Lucas says. Damn I love this man he's so understanding. We need more men like this in the world. Where the hell are they going, Mars?

He handled the information better than I thought. The last few days have been pretty interesting and I even got the best birthday gift from Lucas when he first came here and the day after:

 The last few days have been pretty interesting and I even got the best birthday gift from Lucas when he first came here and the day after:

A necklace with a big diamond heart and a black diamond heart intertwined. I cried so hard when I pulled the box out of the purple paper bag.

 I cried so hard when I pulled the box out of the purple paper bag

He got this for me the next day when we went to the mall. I never take this off cause it means a lot to me. He spoils me even though I don't ask for much. I'm the type that would beg for kisses and shit like that. I'm very romantic and I can see that Lucas is too. He just acts like a thug. I love it too, especially when he gets angry. Ooooo lawd.