< contest - re-creation >

S T A T U S :

CONTEST ENTRY - ANOTHER TIME

AVAILABLE - THE BETTER COVER, OBVIOUSLY

This contest is actually perfect because I've been meaning to remake a cover request for ages but never got around to it.

And the grand reveal... You might want to get some heavily tinted sunglasses or something to avoid going blind from the raw unfiltered crap you're about to witness.

 You might want to get some heavily tinted sunglasses or something to avoid going blind from the raw unfiltered crap you're about to witness

So what's wrong with this cover? (Everything)

The thing that catches my eye is that God-awful 't' just chilling in the middle there. Ugh ugh ugh. The author's "faded" username looks just lovely (note the sarcasm) in that font, crammed up against the text with too much empty space all around it. And the '~staroline' part looks haphazardly thrown in -- which, of course it is. Was.

Also, my 'watermark' is the same size if not bigger than the author's name, which shouldn't happen. My name is in one modern-looking font while the rest is in a script font, which makes this cover look like a text slap. Which, of course, it is.

Lastly (I am just beating on my past self) the photos are low in quality, probably because I zoomed them too much. I think there's some semblance of a filter on the cover but it's lost in the utter yuck that constitutes this cover.

Fin.

So this is my redo

So this is my redo. No longer apps but on Photoshop. I had to cut the models and draw in some hair for the guy with a brush (I think his name is Stefan?? Idk haha) Other than that the cover was pretty simple. Flower PNGs with lowered saturation and I had to double-overlay the polygon-esque design in the corner. Combined fonts for the title, nothing too difficult. Also, the requestee (is that a word?) changed her user, so there's that.

An improvement, yeah?

Hopefully I made up for the grossness of the first cover, right? (Help please why was I so bad in my tender youth)

I guess that's it?! Enjoy and wish me luck!