My Mate!

***I don't own Twilight. Just my characters and plot. I wanted to say thank you to my readers!Your really appreciated!***

That night, Xander wouldn't leave me. He laid down on the bed, waiting for me to climb into the blankets. I had real pajamas on tonight. So I wasn't too embarrassed in front of Xander. Alice gave me a big tshirt and a pair of green polka dot pants. I pulled my ponytail out and let my hair fall over my shoulders in waves. I blushed as I saw Xander watching me. I finished getting ready for bed by brushing my teeth and putting my dirty clothes in a corner to get washed later. I pulled the covers down and crawled under them. I met Xander's eyes."You don't have to stay in here."I muttered as he purposely blocked me from freezing with his cold skin with the blanket. But honestly I love the coolness of his skin.

"I know. But I don't want to leave you. I know I just kissed you. But I can't stand to be away from you."Xander whispered. He wrapped his arms around me. I kept my gloves on so I wouldn't touch him on accident. I instantly curled into him. Yawning very loudly into his chest. I still couldn't believe that Xander actually wanted me. But I felt safe with him. In his arms, I felt natural. Like I have done this a million times. This made me blush even more."Grace, what's wrong?"Xander probably heard my heartbeat pick up again. I just shook my head."Nothing Xander. Just thinking."I smiled. Leaning up, I kissed his lips gently. He kissed me back."Sleep shortstuff. Busy day tomorrow."I nodded in agreement. Soon I fell asleep in Xander's embrace.

The next morning, I woke up. But kept my eyes closed. Xander was still beside me. I could feel his eyes on me. Making  my cheeks light up."Shortstuff, are you awake?"I felt him whisper in my ear. I curled into him more and grumbled. Xander pulled me up and started kissing me. Goodmorning to you too. I felt like I was on fire."Morning Xander..."I said against his lips. My eyes fluttered open. Looking into his eyes. They were still tinged in red, but more liquid gold. Just like the Cullens. Xander was smiling like a mule eating briers. I giggled and propped my head up with one arm. He leaned over and kissed me again. I kissed him back gently.A low growl came from my stomach. My free arm went around my waist. Trying to muffle the sound. But it was no use. I buried my face into his chest. Hiding from him seeing me blush again.

Breathing him in. His scent was incredible. Xander smelt like dew on the grass, the ocean and cinnamon all mixed together. I could get used to this.I giggled at the thought. Xander seemed to be waiting for me to speak. I slowly looked up at him."Is it time to feed the half breed?"Xander chuckled. I playfully punched him."Yes it is. I'm starving. And we have to be ready for my Father in four days. The snow will be coming in soon."I sighed. We both got up at the same time. He kissed my head and left me to go cook something. My stomach  growled as he was out the door. Closing the door behind him.

I found a new outfit folded on top of the dresser for me. Thank you Alice. I grabbed the clothes and went into the bathroom. I showered quickly and dressed. I actually took my time with my hair. I dried it and curled it into red ringlets. Then I brushed through them and my hair was like fire waves down my back. I smiled at myself. Alice had given me plain dark designer blue jeans and a cute flannel shirt that was pink and black. I was glad that she gave me new socks. I pulled on my shoes quickly. Knowing everyone was already training. I could smell bacon and eggs cooking. It made my mouth water. So I grabbed my gloves, tightening them around my wrists. I made my way downstairs. Xander had a plate on the counter for me. I sat down on a stool, looking at him. He had a look on his face like he was scared of the food.I giggled as I started eating. The food was actually pretty good."Thanks Xander."He sat down beside me and played with my hair."Your welcome Grace."Xander muttered. I didn't like being watched as I ate. So I finished it up as soon as I could.

I stood up to wash my dish. But Xander got in my way."Xander, I can wash my dish without help. I'm not a  little girl."He stared at me, like I just punched him. Xander grabbed the plate from me."I don't want you to hurt yourself. Your still fragile. I want to do this for you. I wanna do everything I can."I stepped back. A low growl escaped my lips."Xander!I have done everything on my own for eight hundred years. So give me the plate."I grabbed the plate and passed Xander to get to the sink. He was glaring at me. I could feel it. I started washing the plate with all the other dishes.  Xander stayed behind me. I glanced at him."I do not want to play the little princess that can't do anything unless her prince is beside her. I really like you. But I'm not fragile. I know how to handle myself."I sighed. Suddenly his arms wrapped around my waist. Making my whole body shiver  as I remembered my dream the other night. Xander leaned down to my ear."I'm sorry Grace. I just never felt this protective over someone, especially someone who was half human. I understand you don't want to be treated like glass. I will try to tone it down. I promise."His old english accent snuck out as he spoke. It gave me a chill down my spine. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back onto him.