Part 1: Distress Call

Pov: Chekov
"Alright Sulu, take us out" Captain Kirk ordered, and we hop into warp 1.

I've been very excited to be back on the U.S.S. Enterprise since the run in with Kahn, and I'm very pleased to have Scotty back on the ship as chief engineer as well. As much as I love being down there, it's nice to have that pressure off me. Navigating comes slightly easier to me.

Now that we're on our 5 year mission in space, navigation is mainly up to the captain.

"Vhere shud ve go, keptain?" I ask.

Suddenly the communicator beeps and Uhura turns toward Captain Kirk, "We're being hailed, Captain. It's the commander."

"Are you kidding me? We've been gone an hour and already I'm in trouble. Ugh. Put 'em on." Kirk rolls his eyes as the new Starfleet commander appears on the screen.

"Hello, Captain."

"Admiral Yelton, how are you Commander?" Kirk answers.

"We've received a distress call from the U.S.S. Caliber. We sent them on a mission to retrieve mineral samples from the planet Alpha Pisces. When only a few thousand miles from the planet they were under attack by unknown vessels. Few escaped through the pods. Those pods are closest to you right now. They set a course for the Enterprise. Please allow them to board and take the wounded to med bay. You are to return them to earth and find out as much as you can from the attack. We will meet at Starfleet HQ upon your return and determine further action. Until then, those unharmed will be assigned to the Enterprise until further notice."

Captain Kirk looks stunned, concerned, and his typical angry. Unsure if angry that our mission is delayed once again or because one of our ships was attacked again.

Suddenly I notice Commander Spock step foreword. "Commander...is there a list of survivors?"

Everyone is silently stunned and everyone on the bridge turns to look at Spock.

"Um, yes there is. I just received one-"

"Is T'Maire one of them?"

The commander pauses, then looks down at a PADD containing the list of names confused. "Yes. Yes there is a survivor by that name here."

Spock looks....relieved. Actually showing some feeling.

"Right...well, captain I will see you when we rendezvous at Starfleet HQ. Commander, out." And the screen goes blank, back to looking out at the stars we pass.

"Sulu I guess we can drop out of warp then..." Kirk says as we come to a very light drift, then he turns to Spock.
"What was that all about?!"

Uhura turns to listen carefully and looks at Spock sternly. "A girl I should know about?"

Spock keeps looking forward and doesn't say anything for a moment. Then speaks up, "No...she's my sister."