Chapter eleven

Chapter eleven:

I wake up to the sun shining through the curtains. On instinct I protect my glittering skin from the harsh rays. I sigh and get up pushing the covers off my body. I look around my room and then head to my closet. I pull on some jean shorts and a t-shirt. I run a comb through my hair half-heartedly and chuck on some shoes.

Dads in the kitchen looking bored eating a packet of chips. Stephan is joining him. They look like a bunch of zombies. And zombies are not pretty creatures. All wrinkly and grey. Their eyes hanging from their sockets. I had to battle one once. They are nearly as strong as we are. 

"Dad I'm borrowing the car".

"Where you going"? Stephan butts in.

"Mall. Why"?

"Can I come with"?

"Why so you can chat up some slut".

He gives me a smirk.

"It's about time I found my beloved. Besides we are totally BORED! And dad needs to buy some things. Plus I can get my car"...

I stop listening after about thirty seconds of the conversation. But then I decide I will need someone to tell me how good I look in the clothes I choose. And dad should come too if I'm also going to get my car today.

"About the car. You have to order it online first. It will arrive in about a week".

Stephan groans. "I have to go a week without my own car? And you'll be driving us around"?

Dad fakes being offended.

"You can borrow the car and take Sierra to school".

He mumbles something about that not being fair but shuts up when I send him a glare. I race up the stairs to where my laptop is waiting. I see I have four emails and I open it up.

One's from my old friend from Alaska, Rose.

Dear Sierra...

It's so boring here without you. I miss your jokes already even if they were horrible. The twins are being totally annoying and I can't stand the fact that they always seem to pick on me! I can't believe I almost dated that creep. What was I thinking? The teacher has set us a 3000 word essay to do overnight! I'm sitting here thinking. That's impossible, I don't even know much about the subject. Something to do with WWII. Very boring. Art has been cancelled since you left due to a fire in the art room. It destroyed all our work and the supplies. And since the school doesn't have enough money to fix it they're scrapping it. They decided to do a fundraiser but it didn't work. Then again it was only one afternoon. And to think it's the only place I felt I belong. But I guess it's okay. I made a new friend. You know Chancy? Turns out we have a lot in common. She could never replace you though. No one could ever forget you either. I think the teachers are missing you. They stare at your essays and sigh. If you ask me its creepy. But you always were the straight A student. I have a French test tomorrow. I'm freaking out. I don't have enough time to write the essay and study! It's one or the other. Unless I stay up all night, but we both know I can't do all nighters. Miss you. Talk to you soon.

Rosy Your BFF

I miss Rosy now that I think about it. She was that little spark that stopped me from becoming very bored during my life. She was such a great friend. Very loyal too. I scroll down to the next message.

It's from iTunes.

New songs available from albums such as One Direction, Lorde, Katy Perry and Taylor Swift. Free for a limited time...