Chapter 1: Tuesday?

(Normal POV.)

It was just a regular day in Fairy Tail, everyone being loud and cheerful as usual—Suddenly the guild doors opened, standing there was none other than their favorite blonde-celestial wizard, Lucy Heartfilia... Lucy came to Fairy Tail seven and a half years ago, with the help of her best friend Natsu Dragneel.

"Hey Lucy!" Everyone in the guild cheerfully greeted Lucy, who smiled and waved back with just as much enthusiasm to see her nakama.

~

(Lucy POV.)

I walked through the guild doors, needing to meet up with Levy for this evening—She wanted to discuss something with me, I couldn't help but wonder what it might be as I scanned the entire guildhall with a wide smile.

Mirajane was taking orders at the bar while Cana laid on top of the counter, obviously drunk out of her mind already as she giggled and hiccupped uncontrollably. Gray was unconsciously stripping as usual, not knowing his clothes were being thrown and picked up from afar by a lovestruck Juvia. Erza was eating her favorite strawberry cake, I smiled, wondering how she never seems to get sick of the sweet taste or gain any weight. Though I giggled next when seeing Wendy talking to Romeo, the youngest dragon slayer appears to have a crush. Yet, I frowned when not seeing a certain dragon slayer.

'Where is that pink-haired dragon slayer now?'

"LU-CHAN!"

Frowning, I glanced around until Levy grabbed my attention from the back corner of the guild where a table resides. Right next to the solid script mage sat Gajeel, an emotionless expression upon him like always as he munched on some iron bolts.

"Hey Levy-chan... I missed you so much!" I shouted, rushing over to engulf her in a hug. Levy hugged back with a giggle, "I missed you too. So guess what I got!"

Sitting down on the other side of the table, I nearly started jumping in my seat from excitement on what my best friend obtained. "What? Is it something exciting?!"

Although before Levy could answer, the guild doors burst open with such a hard force that it was a surprise it stayed in place. All three of us turned our attention toward the front to see a pink haired dragon slayer standing there. Dark colored eyes narrowed as they scanned the guild, only to stop in our direction as a bright grin spread upon his face.

"Hey guys... Hey Luce!"

Natsu immediately took his place next to me, sitting a little too close for comfort as a blush started rising. Gajeel noticed the redness upon my cheeks, a smirk beginning to form.

"What's wrong bunny-girl? You're a little red there... Is Salamander here, making you feel hot?"

Levy grinned, giggling when I blushed even more, "N-No. I'm fine."

Natsu glanced at me in pure confusion, only for his eyes to grow concerned, "Hot? Do you have a fever or something, Luce?" Refusing to look at him, I turned toward Levy and tried to calm down. However that was short lived when Natsu grabbed a hold of my face, connecting our foreheads as he checked for the body temperature the only way he knew how, snickering heard close by.

'I'm so going to make Levy kill Gajeel for that!'

"So... Levy, what was it that you wanted to show me?" I said, changing the subject and pushing Natsu away as I tried to get past my embarrassment. Levy's eyes seemed to twinkle in delight at the reminder, "Oh yeah! I found this book on dragon slayers, I thought we could read it together!" Eyes widening in keen interest, I opened my mouth to speak, only to be cutoff.

"What's the title of the book shrimp?" Gajeel questioned, frowning in suspicion as Natsu perked up. "Forget the title! Can we come with you guys?! Maybe it has something that could tell us where our dragons are!"

"Sorry boys, but it's just between Lu and me," Levy said, winking at me. Her smile widening even bigger at my questioning look, the script-mage startling us as she quickly got up. Before I could even say anything, Levy practically yanked me out of my seat, running out the guild doors and leaving two confused/shocked dragon slayers.

~

(Natsu POV.)

As the girls ran out of the guild, I sat in place, still startled from the quick leave. 'Damn, what was that all about? Sucks too because I wanted to hangout with Lucy today,' I frowned until my thoughts were interrupted by that ugly tin-can.

"Salamander, do you know what day it is tomorrow?" The question caught me by surprise, my nose scrunching up in confusion. "Um... Tuesday?" Gajeel scowled, "No you idiot! It's the first day of mating season, remember?!"

The name slipping out of Gajeel's stupid mouth immediately had my jaw dropping, "What?! That's already here?? ...Do you know who, uh, your mate is?" Gajeel nodded, a tight expression upon his face as I suddenly got lost in thought once more.

'Shit, what am I gonna do? I know exactly who she is... I definitely want her as my mate, but will she want me? What if I ruin our friendship?? I don't want that! Things have been perfect lately... Ugh, screw you mating season! Guess I'll find out when the season over... Yes... I'm do it—Watch out Lucy Heartfilia because I'm going to make sure you're mine!'

The thought had me growling in delight until Gajeel punched me straight in the face and snapped me out of my head. Feeling my blood boil, I jumped on top of the table in a fighting stance, hands lighting on fire.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR METAL FACE?! You pickin' to fight or what?!"

Gajeel got into a fighting stance, turning his arms into pure iron, "Bring it on flame-brain!!" As I swung my flaming' fist, he dodged the upcoming attack and punched me straight in the stomach. The attack sent me across the guild and into Gray.

Growling, I didn't hesitate to grab the ice-mage and send him flying, "Stop crashing into me you no good stripper!!" Gray hissed, jumping to his feet and punching me in the jaw with a glare.

"WHAT THE HELL DID I DO, YOU WALKIN' CHARCOAL?!"

Crashing into a table, I lit entirely on fire in anger as it singed and burnt the wood. Gray smirking, only for Gajeel to hit him when he wasn't looking.

"SHUT THE HELL UP, ICE POPSICLE!!"

Growling all together, we jumped into action... Everyone in the guild prepares for a big blow-out with screams and cheers.

"Ice-make: HAMMER!!"

"Fire dragon... ROAR!!"

"Iron dragon... FIST!!"

The familiar sound of gramps crying in the background reached my ears, the old man shouting about us, brats, destroying the new guild—It wouldn't be Fairy Tail or home without a good fight, my eyes narrowing as a smirk broke out seeing my opponents.

'Now is not the time to get off focus...'

I grinned, determination shining in my eyes to win this fight, my hands lighting on fire in a familiar fashion as Gray and Gajeel teamed up against me. Honestly it felt like that time in the Grand Magic Games, a chuckle breaking out as I showed off my sharp canines. "Ha, now I'm all fired up!"