Chapter 10: Your Choices Change Everything

"Again."

My chest pounded hard and I was completely out of breath. My arms shook as I pushed myself up off the ground. I tried to stand up again.

"Can't we take a break?" I whined like a child.

"Do you think the hunters are going to let you call a time out when they're trying to kill you?"

I grumbled under my breath so he couldn't hear me.

Dante had been a pain in my side all morning. He insisted on training me to help improve my skills when we got out of bed at the crack of dawn. We started hours ago. He wasn't showing any signs of letting up.

He didn't even give me a chance to position myself before attacking again.

My right arm flew up in front of my face to block his punch. My other arm dropped to protect my side when his other arm swung at my abdomen.

Before he could make another move, I swung my left leg up and tried to kick him. His hands caught my foot and twisted. My body spun in the air. I swiftly kicked him in the stomach with my other foot before I fell to the ground.

He stumbled back a few steps and grinned.

"That was better Ari. Now you can have a break."

"Thank god," I sighed.

I stayed lying on the ground for a few more minutes. It took a while to catch my breath. I was glad, even excited, that he was taking the time to train me. He was three times my size but he didn't let up once or go easy on me because I was a girl and his mate.

This morning he woke me up before the sun was even out. He said he wanted me to be able to protect myself if there came a time when I would need to. He dragged me out of bed and put me through actual Alpha male training exercises.

"I have a surprise for you. Why don't you go shower and get changed? Meet me back down here in about a half an hour."

He held out his hand for me to take and hoisted me back onto my feet. I grinned when I felt his eyes watching me as I walked back into the house.

The warm water felt good against my tired body. I dressed in a white sweater and dark skinny jeans. I was lacing up my brown snow boots when I felt it.

'Arianna?'

'Logan.'

'Are you doing okay? We've been trying to reach you since yesterday.'

'I'm fine Logan. What is going on?'

'Bruce wanted me to inform you. The Alphas have come to a decision finally.'

'What did they say?'

'They're going to let Tristan claim our pack.'

'No, they can't do that!'

'Ari, what's the matter? This is what you wanted.'

'Tristan cannot claim our pack without mating me first.'

'I don't know how they plan on doing it. Why don't you want him to take over the pack?'

'This isn't their decision to make. Dante should be allowed the chance at being Alpha.'

'What are you talking about? He is the enemy Arianna. You can't seriously be thinking about letting a rogue Alpha be our leader. Are they brainwashing you over there?'

'He isn't the enemy Logan. I can't explain everything yet. You just have to trust me. Please, try to find out what is going to happen. Be careful who you trust now.'