~1~

Btw Sky has anxiety in this book so.. Warning.
-•-•- = Time skip

Sky's P.O.V

I dashed around another corner as my muddy  trainers squeaked against the waxed floors leaving them filthy again, the sound echoed throughout the empty hallway. I stole a quick glance behind me to see what I'd left and it looked like someone decided to take a shit on the floor whist wearing rocket shoes.. Damn.. The janitor was gonna have my head when he found out this was my fault..

With my hair clinging to my sweating forehead I reached the changing rooms and threw open the door, the whole room was deserted- no surprise there, throwing off my clothes to reveal my gym ones and quickly grabbing my water bottle, I burst through the second set of doors leading to the actual gym. All eyes were on me, including the teacher, eyes narrow, nose flared, arms crossed, his entire body practically screamed pissed.

I took a few moments to get my breath back before speaking,

"I-"

"Save it." He spat, before sighing and writing down something I was far to familiar with on that little pink slip. "Hour detention, lunch, you know where to find me." He said as he ripped the slip off of his small booklet and handed it out to me, I did my walk of shame as I did my best to ignore the snickering from some classmates. I could feel my anxiety growing stronger with every step, every snicker, every eyeball staring me down.

Take a deep breath Adam..

One..

Two..

Three..

Four..

My anxiety began to weaken as I grabbed the slip, shoved it lazily into my pocket, and took a place next to my best and only friend; Ty.

He gave me his famous death glare as I gave him my famous shit-eating grin, that earned me a jab to the side.

The teacher blew his whistle, "Okay, now that everyone is finally here-" he glared at me, "everybody split into two groups. We're playing dodgeball."
...fuck.

-•-•-

I yelped as another ball came flying past me at lightning speed, bouncing off of the wall and over to the other side before I even knew what was happening, and the cycle would repeat.

Now, I wouldn't say I despise dodgeball-
...
Actually yes I would because I do.

I have no problem dodging the actual ball, I'm actually one of the best 'dodgers' in my class, it's just the attacking is what I struggle with because I can't throw for shit, that's why I'm always the last on the field, they know that I can't attack them, so they just keep throwing and I keep dodging until one of them eventually hits me.

I got a quick glance at my team and saw that none of them even looked bothered anymore, they all just looked bored, heck none of them were even watching me, well, apart from Ty who was cheering me on from the bench for me to try and catch the ball but we both know that I can't even do that..

Then I caught the ball.

I was so dumbfounded that I just stood there for a whole ten seconds before yelling for someone to get their ass in gear and come join me in hell.

A boy who looked slightly older than me ran over and got into a stance, he had bright blue slicked back hair, some kind of grey rimmed goggles on top of his head and quite pale skin and blue eyes that seemed to have a sparkle of determination, I think I've seen him before in my Maths and English classes, he looked over to me and winked "Nice catch by the way! I'm Dan!" He whisper-shouted to me in a strong British accent.