Chapter Ten - Rebels (Edited)

-3rd Person-

Henry took his wife's advice and told it to the council. But put emphasis that the leaders and those who spoke out against his wife were to die. The dawn of a new world for his children started here. With Queen Charlotte's help. She advised and gave sound judgment. She did not order or pressure merely offered and nothing else.

Meanwhile in the North, the Duke of Suffolk rode to the meeting with the pilgrims

"Alas, you unhappy men. What fancy, what folly has led and seduced you to make this most shameful rebellion against the most noble and righteous king and sovereign?" he dismounted and made his way to Mr Aske.

"Are you not ashamed? How can you do this? Not only giving offence to your natural sovereign lord but giving us an occasion to fight with you." the other captain joined the two "That have loved you more than any other part of this realm and have always taken you for our best friends." Charles did his very best to bury his anger in to remain calm in front of men which threaten his niece's life. This would be a matter that would be brought up before leaving.

"Your Grace, we mean no offence to his majesty. But we have a petition which we desire humbly to submit to him for many things that have gone amiss in this realm."

"We demand the restoration of our abbeys and ancient rights" Constable stated

"And that a new parliament be summoned to address the peoples deepest grievances."

"I can decide nothing here. But I propose a truce during which time two of your captains can take your petition and present it to his majesty. The truce be maintained till they return." Aske went to talk but Charles stopped them.

"Before you talk I want to know those who are responsible for in the accusations that my niece the Queen is a heretic and should be killed."

"Your Grace."

"Mr Aske. With all due respect I mean to keep the peace but I only ask you what his majesty is bound to question. It is bad enough you cause a ruckus during this delicate time but to wish someone we both love dearly dead is un speak able. If you truly mean peace then you will surrender those for treason. If you do not negotiations will go badly upon the return of you Captains." they talked amongst themselves.

"We can't give them up, they will surely die, do they think us fools?"

"Excuse me sir but you do well to watch your tongue. As much as I wish not to harm you of you speak a word against my niece you won't have to worry about the King. Now upon your return I expect those who threatened her ready to be taken away. Mr Darcy a word." he gritted

-Charlotte-

I stood in the hall ready to present my gift to the King.

"His majesty the King." All around us bowed and I watched him enter

"Madam." He bowed

"Your majesty." I bowed my head and he came to take my hands

"I'm glad to see you of more high spirits, my husband."

"Yes, much thanks to yourself who caries my two sons in your womb." he kissed my hand "I intend for us to visit the shrine of Sir Beckett to give thanks"

"Well, I have arranged something else. Which I hope with all my heart will make you very happy. " I turned and stood to the side.

"Your majesty, the Lady Mary Tudor." Mary entered with her ladies. There were gasps and murmurings of shock. Everyone bowed as she stopped in front of her father. She curtsied low.

"I ask you majesty for his blessing ." She spoke

"My daughter" he offered her a hand and she took it.

"May I present you to Her Majesty, Queen Charlotte" she kissed my cheek and I smiled caringly at her.

"I remember some of you were desirous that i should put this jewel to death." Mary looked at me terrified before feeling a little faint. He father graciously caught her

"I've got you, you're safe" he muttered something to her before handing her to me.

"Continue" I took Mary's arm.

"Are you happy?" I asked

"Yes your majesty."

"Your father has agreed to give you lodgings here at Hampton Court and others at Greenwich palace. I've seen them both. They're beautiful." I grinned

"I am very grateful to His Majesty and to you." I smiled at her and began to converse with other members of the court

--------

A week later my uncle had come back with two rebel Captains.

"No, you will stay here."

"Harry."

"I said no!"

"Harry, please just let me watch, I won't even be visible I will be on the balcony only you will know I'm there... Please" I pleaded

"On thee balcony out of sight" 

"Thank you." He grunted and left annoyed.