Chapter 63

"What the hell do you mean?" Draco whined, gripping Harry's hand tight as he turned back to he healer

"We need to give you a potion to allow a path for the baby to exit from you-"

"You mean I have to shit my baby out?" Draco asked appalled.

"Well, if you think about it that way, yes." The healer said.

"No way!" Draco said. "Give me the c-section."

"There's too many complications with the c-section. You need to do a natural birth soon or the baby will die." The healer said.

Draco squeaked. "D-die? I don't want him to die!" He sobbed.

"Mr. Malfoy-"

"Potter! My name is Draco potter!"

"Mr. Potter, please calm down. You will damage the baby." The healer said softly.

"B-but it's not going to hurt, right? I can use all those pain medications?" Draco asked.

The healer shook her head. "No, you won't be able to. The birth is a very complicated one, we can't risk giving you any more pain medication. I can see that it's upsetting the baby."

"Fuuuck," Draco groaned.

He screamed as he went through yet another contraction. "Okay okay, just get him out!" 

Healers rushed in to Draco, all gathering around him. One gave him a yellow potion, telling him to drink it quickly. He complied and chugged it down, then fell back on the bed. Harry held his hand tightly and wiped Draco's sweaty forehead off.

"You're doing great, baby." He said softly. Draco whined.

"Harry," he whimpered, moving his head toward him. Harry moved his head so draco could bury his face in his neck.

"It's going to all be over soon, then we can take little Scorpius home," he said softly.

Draco nodded and winced at another contraction. A healer looked up. "Draco, I need you to push."

Draco nodded and whined as he pushed, starting to cry. Harry kissed his head and held his hand tightly. "Harry!" Draco cried in pain, making Harry's heart break.

"Okay, you can stop now." The healer told him. Draco panted and nodded.

"H-How much longer?" Draco sniffled.

"Three or four more contractions." She told him, making Draco whine.

"Just a few more, then we'll have our baby." Harry told him.

Draco nodded, pushing again when he had another contraction. He cried out in pain and gripped Harry's hand so tight that he though he was going to break it.

After a few more comtractions, Draco finally felt the baby leave him. He smiled and let out a happy noise, looking up at Harry. He frowned when he saw a terrified look on his face.

"What's wrong? What's wrong?" He asked urgently.

Harry gulped, tears in his eyes as he looked at all the healers rushing Scorpius to a NICU. "Draco..."

"What? Harry, what happened?!" Draco asked, starting to cry.

Harry closed his eyes. "What do you hear?"

"N-nothing, why?" Draco whimpered.

"Exactly." Harry whispered. "He isn't crying."