Rosie Jane Evermore (the Academy of nightlight) chapter 1

Rosie Jane Evermore (academy of nightlight)

Chapter 1 The letter

My name Is Rosie Jade Evermore, I am fourteen years old, I have golden brown hair and bright green eyes. I am also an orphan my parents died in a car accident when I was a new born. The orphanage was told that it was a miracle that I survived the crash. My only friend in this place is a girl my age called Jemima she came here a few years ago when we were ten. Her parents died the same way mine did; I have a feeling that is one of the reasons we connected so well. The nuns were so shocked that she didn't run a way screaming from me.

I know this sound a bit bizarre but the thing is I'm not an ordinary child from a very young age I developed a very strange habit, which was bitting anyone that came too close to me. I think the reason the nuns were more shocked was that when I bit Jemima she bit me back I believe this is the other reason. We have never been apart ever since. Jemima has helped me with my bad habit now I am completely cured from that habit but all the other kids are not so sure. Before Jemima came a long I had another friend he was a little older than me. His parents didn't die they just couldn't handle him as a baby. His parents came to get him two years after Jemima came. His name was Xavier, he was my first kiss and I was his. I have not seen him in a while but I wish to see him soon I miss him heaps. Well anyway getting on, a month after I turned fourteen I was called into the head nun of the orphanages office.

'Knock knock' there was a small voice from the inside her office "Come in Rosaline I have been waiting for you" I entered and took a set across from her "um... Mother William what do you um... want me for" Mother William look straight in my eyes and pulled a letter out from her top draw and handed it to me " Rosaline a letter came today about you I think you should read it and tell me what you think about it. It is your choice what happens" I took the letter and opened it read:

Dear Mother William,

My name is Jamison Riley Evernight. I am the headmaster of a boarding school called the Academy of Nightlight. I have been informed that there is a young lady called Rosaline Jade Evermore under your care at the orphanage. She was enrolled in my school by her parent s it was very tragic to here of their passing I have been looking for her ever since. I believe my nephew was also under your care up until two years ago a Xavier James Evernight. I am pleased to inform you that he is attending my school and is looking forward in seeing his old friend again. I am also looking forward in see in Rosaline. I remember her parents they were good friends of mine. I hope she is able to attend please reply with your answer I will be waiting.

Kind regards

Jamison Riley Evernight, Headmaster of Academy of Nightlight.

I can't believe it my parents had enrolled me in a boarding school and the headmaster was good friends with them and his just happens to be the uncle of Xavier OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVIE IT AHHHHHHHH "so Rosaline what do you think" mother Williams said pulling me out of my thoughts. I didn't know what I was thinking all I heard was my voice saying " yes Mother I would love to go" I couldn't believe I said it. " Now that I know your answer Rosaline you can start packing your school start at the beginning of February. Which is less than a week away and I have to call Headmaster Evernight with the answer.