Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Kimberley Tham

"Mine is Kimberley." The girl replies.

I smile at this girl. She actually looks pretty with her black hair and dark eyes. Just that it irritates me that she is being nice to me.

"You're one of the Lart twins, aren't you? And the older one, Carmen. Right?" Kimberley asks me.

"Yes. So?" I ask. Kimberley sits down before replying me.

"I want to kill you. And your sister." She says calmly.

"No! What kind of request is that?! Crystal and I are going to be the victors this year!" I exclaim.

"I'll kill her for Lux. Me and Lux are going to win this. And I like him. But look! He's only interested in your sister! After she's dead, I'll kill you. And Lux and I will win and be together!" Kimberley says.

"Shut Up, District 4! I'll kill you personally. Until then-" I say, taking out my knife from the cutlery. "I would appreciate silence from you."

Kimberley seems pissed as she stomps off. Crystal comes back later and asks,

"So? You made an enemy?" Crystal asks.

"Ya, but she's a enemy to you. She hates us. And wants us dead. Don't worry. I've secured that her life will be taken by me. I can't stand her." I reply.

Crystal smiles and we finish up the last of lunch and go back to training. It's very strenuous, with Kimberley giving me thousands of death stares but I at least improve my sword, trident and axe skills to a medium.

As we head back to our suites, Crystal and I decide to take a bath. I soak for a moment, letting my body relax. Forgetting about the games, Kimberley, Lux, everything. Just remembering when our whole family was together. That year was when we still had Clifford. We were together, along with our father that went missing a few years after. It was New Years and Clarissa's birthday. We were celebrating it by buying her gifts. But the best gift was a small little crystal. Crystal had got it from The Hob when we traded a deer that Crystal and I killed. It allowed us to get a Crystal for Clarissa and also meat for almost three months.

Clarissa loved it so much that she kept it under her bed for like 3 years. It was the best present that we had given her. Second to the berry cake that we attempted to make.

After the soak, I change to simple clothes and head out to see that an Avox has a bowl of strawberries and a few chocolate-chip cookies. She hands the strawberries to me and gives me a note. I thank her before saying,

"It's for Crystal, right? I mean the cookies?"

"She nods before scampering to Crystal's room. The note states that the berries are for me and Crystal and I are free for the day.

I decide to rest up and take a nap but that only prolongs the horrible nightmares. Kimberley enters one of them. She has a trident in hand and I'm weaponless, scrambling to find anything sharp that can puncture through skin. But there is nothing but water. Like a fish, Kimberley quickly swims towards me and spears me with her trident. I can see Heaven before she spears Crystal. Crystal is dead before I can say her name. And before I know it, I'm dead too.

When I awaken, I see that Crystal is sitting right beside me.

"You were screaming. Something about Kimberley and me. I had to come over." She explains.

I nod and she gives me another strawberry. The sweetness calms me down before I decide to watch some television. We see many programs before I see an update about the Hunger Games.

Caesar Flickerman is announcing the tributes out again and this time, I catch some of their names. He names our strengths and tells the audience who to keep an eye of.

District 1: Felix and Krissy
Spears are their specialties.

District 2: Kat and Clover
Kat is quick and can hide easily
Clover is intimidating and can wield most weapons well

District 3: Lavina and Res
Lavina can invent anything using objects around her
Res is quick-witted and can stay calm

District 4: Kimberley and Serene
Kimberley can use Tridents like a pro and can swim very quickly.
Serene can fish with anything.

District 5 are very weak and can only be nicknamed lame to me. Same as District 6 to 11.But one from District 8 catches my eye. Her name is Lory and she can throw knives. I saw her today. Its more of being a natural.

District 7's tributes are also very intimidating with their big built and string muscles. The girls, Doe and Thimble, actually looked "ravishing" as trees in the opening ceremony. But I've seen them in training. Thy can kill, alright, if they are armed with axes.

Finally Caesar talks about Crystal and I who are the talk of the town. He talks about my archery skills being the best of the best probably because I'm Katniss Everdeen's granddaughter. He then go on about Crystal, saying that she can use knives like a pro and is also good at swords.

"Swords?" I ask Crystal.

"Ya, I did some training and somehow, the swords were easy to maneuver. Like it was a natural gift." She replies me.

I nod my head. So Crystal's gift is swords. Just like mine is archery.

I turn off the television and decide to take flight to the living room. A array of food has been placed on the table with two Avox serving Effie and the rest of our mentors. They welcome us to the dining table where I asked to be served myself.

I take the lamb stew with plums and gorge on it. It is really delicious. Then, I eat something that is called a soufflé and again gorge on it. The dessert was the soufflé or the chocolate pot with fruits. I think that was called a chocolate fondue. I'm not sure.

As I finish up dinner, I go to see Katniss, my grandmother, to talk about the games and strategies. At one point, we have a conversation.

"Katniss, I hate a girl. She's from District 4, a career district. She threatened to kill Crystal and I." I tell her.

Katniss hesitates before saying,

"Kimberley, right?"

"Yes. How did you know?" I ask.

"She's very strange. She isn't very strong nor is she skilled in anything but fishing, net weaving and the trident, which normally District 4 has this advantage. But she's threatening you. Oh, I saw her today. She was throwing spears like tridents. It was extremely accurate. Out of 20, only one missed the target." Katniss calmly replies.

"What was the target?" I ask.

"The heart of the dummy. The one that didn't reach the heart, it reached the head." Katniss replied. Her expression was extremely serious. "You don't want to mess with her."

I listened intensively to every word Katniss said. Her words echoed inside of me. 

You don't want to mess with her.

And I have already caused enough damage to our alliance. The first one Kimberley wants dead would be me. Or Crystal.

With these thoughts, I walk over to Crystal. And she's actually breaking down, crying and sobbing under the cover of the sheets.

I walk up to her and ask her,

"Crystal, what's wrong. I thought I was the one that was breaking down. Not you!"

She sobs a little quieter before replying,

"Its Lux. I can't kill him, Carmen. I can't! And I want him to win this! Because I love him!"

Usually, this kind of lovey-dovey crap would make me sick. But today, I stuck it throughout Crystal's sobbing and crying.

"That's why I will kill him. If I have too. Because like you, I don't want him to die like Cato in Grandma's Games. Do you want him getting killed by mutts?" I question.

She stops crying and shakes her head. 

"Good. Then I'll shoot him in the heart if it comes down to three of us. Go sleep. Tomorrow is the day we have the private sessions with the Gamemakers. 10,11,12 or nothing!" I enthusiastically reply.

Crystal heeds my advice and goes to sleep. As I walk to my room, Peeta stops me.

"Peeta? What's wrong?" I ask.

" Are you prepared for tomorrow?" He answers back.

"Yes. I know what to do." I tell him.

"Don't do ordinary, okay? Because the whole of Panem knows your strengths." He advises me.

"Alright. Goodnight." I tell him.

He leaves my room without uttering a single word.

I climb into bed and freshen up my mind.Before going to bed, I order my usual strawberries and warm milk. Today, I decide to leave the strawberries untouched. They are a memory of home.

Without thinking about the Games, I rest my eyes and fall into a land filled of dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New chapter!

Chapter dedicated to frisky726 for being a awesome friend and giving me ideas!

Also, its dedicated to Kimberley who is awesome but has been nagging at me about some stuff. So I just took revenge and made you a bad person. Sorry :P

Don't forget to vote to get The 100th Hunger Games-Fourth Quarter Quell in the top ten! 

~carcarlolz