Chapter One

The music filled my ears, making me feel free. It was all I had. It was practically my shield, protecting me from society and myself.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Without something to drown out my thoughts, I'm fucked.

My thoughts want to consume me, devour me piece by piece at any cost.

With the music, the voices are unable to reach my mind and taunt me, so they quiet down until they are nothing but a quiet mumble slowly drifting into nothing, but without it.. they manage to crawl inside the hazy tunnels of my thoughts and slowly, but surely, kill me.

Silence scares the living hell of out of me. To the voices, it's their playground.

I'm so fucked up... is this some sort of mental disorder or am I just stupid like they've told me?

God.

I was in the middle of Biology when I saw the teacher's eyes reach mine. He was not pleased with the fact I was listening to music in his classroom, as always. By now, though, he should be used to it. I turned the music up louder because I knew he was going to call me out on it. The classroom was near silent, I think, since Mr. Morales was teaching and everyone around me seemed to be paying attention or at least pretending to be. Mr. Morales started to my desk and touched my shoulder gently. Taking out one earbud, I glared up at him.

"I can't help but notice you are not following my instruction. You were told to put away your phone when in my classroom. You cannot learn with awful music blasting through your ears, and your music is not welcome in my classroom," he said quietly, but everyone could hear him and the classroom's eyes were all set upon me. My hands were practically shaking, but he was going to have to accept what I was about to do. I stood up, being a towering height of 6'2, and looking down at Mr. Morales, probably around 5'5. Definitely a perk of being tall.

"As you wish, sir. I shall leave," I walked past him as I stuck the earbud back in my ear, grabbed my books, and walked out of class. Now everyone REALLY was staring at me, and my heart was practically pounding against my chest. I'll just go home. I headed down the narrow hallways, and I could feel that I was sweating. God, why did I do that? I could've just put my iPod away. If I needed to, I could've just snuck my headphones back in anyways. But no. I had to make a scene like an idiot. Now my mom is going to be upset that I'm "skipping school." It's already 5th period, what's the big deal? Then, I realized, I have to walk home. Damn. I didn't even think about that. Oh well. My mom wouldn't bother picking me up from school anyways. She's too busy smoking to worry about me.

I put my hood over my head and started down the street. I'd probably be home in half an hour or so. Then, when I didn't think this day could get any worse, a raindrop hit my hand. Then another. And another, until it was steadily sprinkling down. My dark grey hoodie soon became soaking wet, appearing almost black. My grey Vans did the same. As each car rushed by, driving into puddles, the tires splashed muddy rainwater on me. Fuck. By the time I was literally dripping wet, I was finally home. Upon quietly stepping inside, I unzipped my hoodie, took off my shirt, and threw them on the floor. I slid off my stained grey Vans and placed them with the other shoes. I tip toed into the living room, and of course, my mom was silently sleeping on the couch, peaceful as can be. I went into my room, and shut the door, sliding off my soaking jeans and tossing them into the basket of dirty clothes. Probably not a good idea, considering they were dripping with muddy water, but whatever.

Jesus Christ. Even my underwear were wet, so I slid them off, too, whispering a quiet "fuck" as I threw them in the basket also. After changing into fresh underwear and black shorts, I jumped into bed and covered myself with the blanket. I had one earbud in with the music considerably quiet. Mm, I was finally warm and dry. It felt nice. I should probably take a shower, but not right now. I've gotten so comfortable, after all this time, it's not worth it getting into the shower at the moment. I'll just take one tomorrow morning to wake me up, cause damn, I feel like a warm toasty cinnamon bun right now.

Welp. That's basically chapter one of He Goes Where the Sound Goes. I had a good idea yesterday, so this happened.

♡ cover by @kinkybucky ♡