Some Days Are Better Than Others (Toddler!Niall)

Prompt: Hello there :) Love this one shot book :) I've, after a lot of thinking, come up with a one shot. If you have time or want please use it :) Louis is left with a toddler Niall so the other boys can go to a meeting, and Niall really wants to do a craft, so Louis agrees, helping him color and paint. Louis turns his back to go grab wipes and Niall's sippy cup, and the blonde starts making a mess thinking Louis had left him there all alone. Niall fell off his chair and hurt his knee. When Lou comes back he has to choose between being mad at the child, or worried, because he hurt his knee. So Lou has to take him to the hospital and Niall throws a tantrum because he hates doctors. When they get back Louis goes and takes a nap because the day was full of stress, and Liam (or any of the boys) has to put Niall on a timeout and tell him what he did wrong. ~sorry it's so long :)

A/N: Aw, I found this adorable! (: Here it is babe x

"Bye Louis, bye Ni! See you when we get back!" Zayn called. Niall's playing ceased, and he got to his feet and toddled over to his Daddy, holding onto his shirt to keep himself up. Zayn cooed down at him and kissed the top of his head. "We'll miss you."

"You gotta go?" Niall whimpered, sticking his fingers in his mouth to suck on them. It was a nervous habit he hadn't been able to break just yet, at least not in his headspace.

Zayn nodded reluctantly and pulled his fingers away. "Yeah, baby. We have to go to a boring meeting. Dada is going to stay with you until we get back."

Niall still had a small frown on his face, but he perked up at the mention of his Dada watching him. He was the easiest parent, and he could get away with a lot of things he couldn't otherwise. He loved all of his daddies, but Louis was the one who didn't worry about everything as much. They would definitely be having fun in the next few hours.

Each boy gave him a hug and a kiss before they left. Niall sighed and waved to them. Just as he was about to turn around and begin playing with his toys again, strong arms wrapped around him and pulled him onto their hip. He giggled and cuddled into Louis' chest, slowly glancing up at him. "Dada!"

"Baby!" Louis laughed, placing a kiss onto the boys' nose and sending him into a fit of giggles. He pressed kisses to his cheeks, forehead, and neck as well, and Niall squirmed all the while, trying to pretend he didn't love the attention with the largest of smiles on his face. Louis finally calmed down and just rocked him for a while, patting his back and letting him come down from his giggle high. "What do you want to do today?" He mused, kissing the top of his blonde head and looking out the window.

That was just what Niall had been waiting for.

"Can we paint?" He gasped. He wiggled out of Louis' arms before he could answer and ran to his room, getting all of the brand new colors and paintbrushes Zayn had bought him for his birthday. They were far from expensive, but they were perfect in his eyes. Besides, he was only around three or four. At least if he ruined those paints, he could get more of them. He headed downstairs with the tiny bottles and brushes in his arms, successfully bringing them to the living room without dropping them. Louis was turned around, so Niall tugged on his jeans to get his attention, cradling his presents. "Paint Dada? Pwease?"

Louis' eyes softened. Nobody could resist the Horan puppy dog eyes, and he was no exception. "Of course. Let's just..." He frowned as he looked out the window. It was pouring rain. "Maybe not today, lovely... we can't go outside when it's raining."

Niall's face fell. "B-But Dada!" He whimpered, eyes swimming with tears. Louis groaned and picked him back up, paints and all.

"Okay, love. We can paint. We just have to go to the kitchen table, alright? We don't want a mess."