A Prince or A King (Thranduil x reader x Legolas)

You sat across from Legolas at the table while you ate your breakfast of mostly berries. You smiled over at him while Thranduil watched the two of you. You and the prince of the Woodland Realm had always been competitive and it seemed this morning was no different. Thranduil could see the love his son held for you and part of him rejoiced. The other part, however, became melancholy because he love you too and had for quite some time.

You had been found on the outskirts of the kingdom many years before and had almost instantly wiggled your way into the hearts of the people. Most of them adored you. You were quick, both physically and mentally and you were agile. Your skills were nearly perfect, even to the point where you gave Legolas a run for his money. That wasn't the only reason you were loved. You had a kindness and compassion that most elves did not. This was because you were half human.

"Come on, Y/N. Must you eat so slowly?" Legolas asked, bringing Thranduil back to reality. You chuckled and slowly brought another berry up to your mouth with a smirk. "Must you eat so quickly?" you quipped, popping the fruit into your mouth. You had training that morning and Legolas was eager to show off again. You finished your last berry and asking to be excused before running off after the prince. Thranduil let out the sigh he'd been holding. He loved you, but he refused to stand in the way of his son's happiness.

*in the training yard*

"How do you not see it, Y/N? You manage to see everything else," Legolas asked as he lunged at you with his sword. You deflected and danced away. "I do not see it because it isn't there, Mellon." Legolas laughed and shook his head. "My dear friend, you are truly blind. My father positively adores you. I have never seen him look at anyone the way he looks at you, not even my mother although I do not doubt he loved her," he told you, but he could see you still did not believe him.

*later that evening*

"Ada, I must speak with you about Y/N," Legolas confronted his father after supper. Thranduil took a sip of his wine and replied, "You wish to ask for my blessing. I give it." Legolas stopping short and blinked rapidly at his father before laughing softly. "No, Ada. As much as I adore Y/N, it is more of a friendly love. I do not wish to marry Y/N, although I can see you do. Ada, you should say something." Legolas left the room, leaving Thranduil behind to contemplate his words. He did not believe that his son did not love you romantically, but still he felt Legolas was right about telling you his own feelings.

As always, it didn't take Thranduil long to make up his mind. He quickly left his chambers and made his way to yours. He knocked on the door and heard shuffling inside. You opened the door and your eyes widened at the sight of the Elvenking standing before you. "My King! What...brings you here?" you asked, unsure of the proper etiquette to use in this situation. "May I?" You blushed and let him into the room.

"You have a decision to make, my dear Y/N," he said, getting straight to the point. You cocked you head to the side in confusion. "A decision, my king?" He gave a small nod and a smile. "It has become painfully obvious that Legolas has feelings for you as I do, but surely you know this." When you didn't say anything, he continued, "I leave it to you to choose. A prince or a king, Melamin. The choice is yours if you wish. I shall await your decision." With that, the king swept from the room.

You let out a little giggle. Legolas had been right after all. His father did love you after all. You knew Thranduil was mistaken about Legolas' feelings for you because you had spoken with him at length about it. You crawled into bed happy that night, ready to inform Thranduil of your feelings for him in the morning.

p_ob�*vSF��