1-Gravity Falls, Here I Come

Y/n's POV
"But mom! You said it yourself! You said when I was a kid, I could be anything I wanted when I grew up!" I complained. "No butt's about it, y/n! Have you ever seen a monster yourself?" my mom retorted, but I just sighed. "Seeing isn't believing. Anyways, this is MY decision to make!" I argued back. I had done research about monsters and most of the cases had been false or just rumors. The most recent one I've looked at, though, talked about real sightings by a teenager by the name of Dipper who had dug deep into mysteries nobody believed him about. I always checked for new posts on his blog and most called the sightings fake, but I analyzed his pictures. Nothing was ever photo shopped, by the looks of it. "This blog isn't healthy for you to read," my mother sighed, placing her thumb and forefinger on the bridge of her nose and started rubbing it. It was a habit she did when she was disappointed or annoyed.

"What'll it take for you to let me at least investigate this town?" I asked. I was not prepared for this answer, though. "If you go to investigate all these rumors, you can never come back to this house again!" my mother yelled while my father just sat on the couch reading his phone. I took a step back and tears stung my eyes. My mother never went that far.

Y/n's mom's POV
"If you go to investigate all these rumors, you can never come back to this house again!" I shouted at my daughter. She stepped back at my outburst and I could tell I upset her. I only said that to keep her from wanting to investigate the stupid rumors. I looked into her eyes and saw the face she made when she was upset or about to cry. I lifted my hand to my mouth and tried to give her a hug, but she just ran past me and ran up to her room. "Y/n, wait," I called, but she was already running up the stairs, her feet hitting the stairs hard. I sighed and followed her up. I heard her door slam shut, so I just went back to the living room, hating what I just said.

Y/n's POV
I jumped onto my bed, letting the tears flow out. I looked up to my window and waited for my tears to stop falling. On my desk was a piece of paper, offering me the chance to attend the college I wanted to go to for so long. I turned it over and grabbed a pen, writing a note with my tears staining the paper.

When I finished, my tears stopped slipping and I quietly packed my bag, placing everything I would need. Clothes, toiletries, shoes, my phone, my journal, my headphones, water, snack bars, and all of my money. I opened my window, the cool summer breeze blowing my (hair/ponytail) towards my room, or what was my room. I climbed out and jumped to the ground, landing softly. I was used to heading out away from my room this way when my parents were mad, but I always came back. This time, I wasn't.

Y/n's mom's POV
I heard a window open, so I figured it was just y/n. She always did when she was upset. I always believed it was to get some cool air into her room, so I thought nothing of it.

Once it was dark and y/n still hadn't come down for her dinner, I headed up the stairs and walked to her bedroom door. I opened the door to find the room empty. The drawers were empty, she was missing a bag, and her favorite tennis shoes were gone. I walked over to her desk to find her acceptance letter to college flipped over, showing a tear stained note in her handwriting. I picked it up and read:

Dear mom and dad,
I left to give you what you wanted so I could continue my dream of monster hunting. I won't be back until I feel I should be, but that may not be for a while. I'm on my way to Gravity Falls as you read this, but please don't find me. I will try to find you when I'm ready. I wish you luck and hope for you both to enjoy your lives. I will write when I have arrived to this town and will inform you of what happens each day.

Love,
Y/n

I reread the note again, tears spilling from my eyes. My husband came up and read the note for himself as both of us mourned our daughter's departure. "It'll be okay," he kept repeating, but I knew he was just as heartbroken as I was.

Y/n's POV
I had been walking for about an hour and finally arrived at the bus stop, when the last bus of the day pulled up. The bus was dirty and rusty, but it was the only one that could get me where I needed to be right now. I ran as fast as my sore feet could carry me, just making it to the bus. "Hello, ma'm. I'm gonna need some ID," the bus driver responded. He looked to be a man in his mid thirty's under his tired wrinkles. I pulled out my student ID and handed him a twenty. He grabbed it and just stared at me. "Where to, then?" he asked. "Gravity Falls," I panted. "Take a seat, then. Gonna be a long ride," he replied. I nodded and found a seat in the back, landing down hard and pulling out (your favorite book), headphones, and my phone. I played (your favorite song) and began reading.

Time skip
I had finally finished my book after two long hours, feeling a bit drowsy. I grabbed a water bottle and took a few sips. I then grabbed a (favorite snack food) and ate it in about three bites. With my full stomach and still a couple hours to go, I took a nice long nap during the remainder of the time, falling into a peaceful slumber.

Bill's POV
I was floating just inside the perimeter of Gravity Falls, watching the bus containing a sleeping Petal drive closer to Gravity Falls. I had followed Pine Tree for a while, but he figured out how to keep me out. This girl may be the perfect distraction for him! He's picked up from Sixer's research and he's refused to even let Shooting Star join him. Very unlike the Pine Tree I first knew, but this change in his personality has peaked my interest. He's discovered factors that could have left the portal running smoothly, how to end my apocalypse in a quicker way, and he even found out how to keep me permanently out of the townsfolk minds. I still want to destroy him from his attempts to limit my power, but I am still marveled with how far he has gotten. Lucky for me, Petal may be the only one I can trick! I was starting to get desperate for a physical form again, but not quite desperate enough to take Pine Tree's again. Stupid noodle arms!

The bus passed the town line, giving me the ability to get to Petal. I chased down the bus and made my way into the bus to look at her peaceful slumber. She was awoken when the bus hit a bump. She slowly opened her eyes to see the town sign, letting her know of her arrival. I vanished from the bus, heading to the forest.

Y/n's POV
I was finally at Gravity Falls! I was so excited to begin my own investigations of this town and to discover what it all meant. "Last stop, Gravity Falls! Everyone off!" the bus driver announced on the loud speaker. I stood up excitedly, grabbing all of my stuff and shoving them into my bag. The bus rocked a bit with every movement I made, throwing me off balance a few times. I told the bus driver thanks and gave him a kind smile, which he returned. "Oh! And I meant to give this back," he said, putting your twenty in your hands. "But-" I started, but he cut me off. "Trust me, you're gonna need it," he replied. "So, best course of action to take now is to find a map of the town. Find a decent enough place to stay for cheep and focus on how to get a good amount of cash to start up," he explained, pointing towards the stand of maps.

"Thank you!" I replied cheerfully. He returned a smile and gave me a pat on the shoulders. "Good luck, then!" he said, closing the doors once I was off. I slid the bag over my shoulders and made my way over to the stand of maps. I pulled one out and looked it over, deciding to stop at Greasy's Diner, then take a walk through the forest. I pulled out my money, looked at the map again, then heading over to the diner. I turned around, just to accidentally run into somebody. "Oh! I am, so sorry! Uh-" I said, picking up a red journal with six fingers and handing it to the man, recognizing him right away. "Thank you!" he replied, grabbing the journal from my hand and shoving it into his sweatshirt.