Chapter 10 - Part 1

Start from the beginning

"That's not what I meant." This time she did pull away. "As tempting as it is, and believe me you have no idea how tempted I am, I can't do this."

"But you're not giving me a reason," he said, reaching out for her hand and lacing his fingers through hers like he'd thought about doing so much since that first time. "Why not?"

"Because I'm just not like that."

Now he pulled away, peering at her curiously. "What exactly do you think I'm asking you to do?"

For the first time since they'd been standing there, she looked as confused as he felt. Her eyes opened wide and her face flushed. "To sleep with you, right?"

Felix couldn't help but laugh at her adorable expression. "That's what you think I'm asking you to do? Right here?"

Her face got even brighter red, and it was refreshing to see someone he'd thought so unruffled and composed blush like a schoolgirl for once. "Well, no, but soon." She appeared to gather herself and lifted her chin a little. "I just don't do that, and . . ." She stopped and looked at him with that same adorably confused expression as earlier. "What are you asking me to do?"

Felix let go of her hand and brought his hands up to cup her face, kissing her softly again because he just couldn't resist anymore. "I'm asking you to give me a chance," he said between kisses.

"A chance for what?" she whispered but kissed him back as eagerly as he'd begun to kiss her.

"To prove to you that I want more," he said, kissing her deeper than he had that whole time then stopped to take a breath—calm himself—or he'd be stuck in the stairwell for a while nursing the biggest hard-on he'd had in a long time. "I know what you're thinking." He stared at her, feeling a sudden fear in his heart. "Up until earlier today, I wasn't even sure what I wanted, but I can tell you one thing with all certainty. I don't just want to sleep with you. We can hold off on that for as long as you want. I'll do whatever it takes. Just give me a chance"—he kissed her again, softly this time—"please."

She closed her eyes, inhaling deeply. "I'll need time," she whispered. "If I do this, I really have to think it over. I'm just—"

"Take all the time you need," he said, licking her bottom lip. "I told you. I'll do whatever it takes, and if that means waiting, so be it." Backing her up slowly until she was against the wall, he leaned his body against her and unleashed the need that had been mounting all week. He devoured every inch of her mouth. Never had kissing someone felt so damn intoxicating. Already he knew he could easily get addicted to this.

She kissed him back just as impassioned. It lessened the fear he was still feeling in his gut that he was in this alone. But it didn't completely eliminate it. She hadn't agreed to anything yet. And there was still the galling fact that up until just a little while ago, when that asshole showed up, she was actually considering possibly getting back together with him. That could mean she still had feelings for him. It could also mean he was part of the reason for her hesitation.

"Felix," she whispered breathlessly, making a weak attempt to push him away.

Felix couldn't get enough of her mouth now. The more he tasted it, the more he wanted.

"Felix," she whispered again. "This isn't waiting."

He kissed her one last time with a guilty smirk and pulled away to look at her, but her eyes were still closed as she attempted to calm her own breathing.

"Oops." He grinned. "Got a little carried away there."

"You're gonna have to be patient with me." She licked her lips, her eyes still tightly closed.