Beach.

1 Month Later...

I opened my eyes seeing my mother looking down at me.  I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair.

"what time is it?" I croaked.

"eleven." she told me, I looked over to my bedroom window seeing the sun shining through it. 

"oh..." I paused thinking back. "I had the worst dream." I sighed

"sweetie..."

"Skylar was dead... and she had a chipmunk and he came home with me and he could understand me...' I paused and looked at my pillow. There Chip sat looking at me sadly. "it-it wasn't a dream... " Chip shook his head.

"I'm so sorry honey." my mom said as she wrapped her arms tight around me.

"I miss her." I cried once again, my mom rubbed my back and tried to comfort me. I pulled away and wiped my tears away, I looked up at my mother seeing she was also crying. I jumped up and hugged her again. "don't cry mom... Please don't cry." I told her and wiped away her tears too.

"I'm sorry sweetie, it hurts seeing you like this. It's been a month since you heard about her, I've never seen you so hurt."

"don't be sorry, it's just I-I can't believe she's gone." I sighed and picked up Chip, he crawled up my arm and sat on my shoulder.

"none of us can, I know you loved her so much... I hate seeing you like this. Why don't we go down stairs and have breakfast, the boys and Rydel want to bring you some where today.

"okay..." I followed my mom down stairs and sat down at the dining room table with everyone. Chip hid inside of my pocket until I was done eating, I walked back out to the dining room after washing my plate. Chip crawled out and back onto my shoulder. Rydel gasped and looked at me wide eyed.

"Ross you have a chipmunk on your shoulder!" She squeaked, I chuckled and scooped him off my shoulder.

"I know Del, calm down. His name is Chip, he was Skylar's... friend." I slightly smiled.

"oh... okay." she smiled at me then looked at Chip.

"you are so adorable." she walked over and looked at him. "may I hold him?" she asked me, I smiled.

"that's not up to me, ask him." I told her.

"I'm not going to ask him, animals don't understand what we're saying." she rolled her eyes.

"I'm being serious Del, just ask him." she sighed and looked at him.

"May I hold you?" he nodded and jumped into her hands.

"oh my god! he understood me!" she yipped, I nodded. 

"he's special!" I held out my pointer finger to him, he leaned his small hand against the tip of it and looked at me. 

"Ross?" Riker looked at me weirdly, I pulled my hand away and turned to him.

"yeah..."

"one... your soft sides showing' he chuckled a bit, I rolled my eyes at him 'two we wanna take you to the beach today." he smiled, I nodded and looked at Chip.

"you wanna go to the beach?" I asked him, he nodded and jumped onto my shoulder. Everyone laughed at me, I ran upstairs and slipped on a pair of pink swim trunks. I ran into the bathroom and brushed my hair and teeth, I slowly walked out and sat on the edge of my bed. I looked over at the picture of Skylar and I, I picked it up and ran my fingers over it. "I miss you baby... I love you... Forever!" I let a single tear fall and kissed it then set it back down on my night stand. 

"come on Ross!" Rydel yelled, I looked over at Chip and held out my hand. He jumped into my palm and I set him on my shoulder.

"ready?" I looked at him, he nodded and we ran down stairs. All of us piled in to the van and headed down to Skylar's old favorite beach, the one I asked her out on. We got out and walked down to the water, Riker, Rocky, Ratliff, and Ryland grabbed their surf boards and ran into the water.

"you coming Ross?" Ry asked, I shook my head.

"no I'm just gonna hang out here." I told them.

"that's odd." Rocky sighed, I watched them catch a few waves then started playing Frisbee with Rydel. It would have been a lot more fun if I could have gotten Skylar off my mind... Every one was having fun, I was having some too. Chip was even a little off, he seemed to be having fun yet seemed down all at once. The day was almost over and I was over by the rocks with the guys and Del, I leaned my hand onto the rock when...

 Oh no here we go hear your voice on the radio

like every single song is about you

Every sec that we spent like cement

stuck in my head

got me so distracted and confused

Baby I think I've lost my mind

feels like you crashed into my life

I keep on losing track of time

I'm so messed up yeah

I'm so messed up

I can't remember what I did tonight

or even yesterday

like dude, where's my car

excuse me what's my name

someone gave me these clothes

I can't remember who

My minds a total blank

but I just can't forget about you

forget about you

Think that it's coming back

something 'bout the time we had

wish that we woulda been recording

so right super tight

can't recall a thing last night

but woke up with a smile in the morning.

I shook my head remembering that night, She was so happy. I was so happy... we both were meant to be.

"Ross you alright dude?" El asked.

"yeah, I'm gonna go for a walk." I sighed Riker rested his hand on my shoulder.

"do you want one of us to come?" I shook my head.

"no it's cool." I turned back around and walked away, I felt Chip run up my leg and back then sit on my shoulder. He hated me leaving his side, not sure why... I walked for a while with Chip just sitting there, I stopped and looked out at the water. "hey Chip?" he looked at me and tilted his head. "wanna pray to Skylar with me?" He nodded, I got down on my knees and put my hands together. I looked at Chip seeing him copy my actions, I chuckled and closed my eyes. "Skylar... if you can hear me right now... I just wanted to tell you how much I miss you. I can't ever get you out of my head, you were my best friend but not only that... you were the love of my life. It's been a month since I heard about you're death and even now, the days just get harder and harder to live by. If only you were here with me, I could cuddle you at night, kiss you when ever I want, tickle you just to hear you giggle. I told you I would love you forever, and now I see forever isn't good enough. Forever is what I thought I would have with you, even though your gone I still feel you, it's like you never left this world... only me." I let a few tears fall from my face then stood up, I looked down at Chip who was sitting on the ground looking up at me.

"I could never leave you..."