Chapter 2

We sat there for about half an hour until it was after midnight so I decided it would be best for us to talk

L- do you want to talk about it

M- not really

L- oh, well I'm here if you ever want to

M- actually I do

L- I don't want to pressure you or anything

M- no I need to. It all started when I left high school, everyone thought I left because of that stupid triangle but it wasn't, i would move because of an undecisive boy, no offence, I was much better than that. I left because I had to, I had no choice, my mom was taken to rehab for being an alcoholic so to keep me fed and with a home I had to go and get a job which I couldn't do if I was in school. Then that got too stressful so my boyfriend at the time, Josh, you remember Rileys uncle invited me to stay at his house. It was great for a while until he started not letting me get out of the house, he'd beat or punch me if I did so. I lived like that for a year but then he met another girl at one of the night clubs he went to so he threw me out on the street.

I looked at her shocked not really knowing what to say, she'd been through so much and no one had been anything but horrible to her.

L- that was years ago, what have you done since then?

M- I was in a foster home but then I got too old and they never found me a home so I'd just sleep wherever I could, it wasn't too bad. I was trying to find a place tonight and somehow I remembered that you lived here

L- well I'm glad you remembered because you can stay here

M- really, I can't ask you to do that

L- its fine I get lonely here so I don't mind

I saw a glimmer of hope in her eyes, Im sure she hadn't had hope in years. I wasn't like I could kick her out like everyone else had.