Chapter 7

"I'm in." I say, ready for this challenge. He holds out his hand and I take it and we shaked on it. Jack smirks and licks his lips looking down. Cocky bastard.

"When do we start, you know, acting like a couple?" I ask sitting down on the edge of the building. He sits down next to me and throws his cigarette.

"Next week on Monday," He put his arm around me "Or now. Whatever you want, cutie."

I turned my head around to gag and then proceeded to take his arm off of me smiling sarcastically, "Monday is perfect."

He nodded, "So, why'd you agree to do this 'game' with me?" he asks slouching a bit.

"Well, I hate you, and I'm sure I can win this." I say confidently.

Jack starts laughing hysterically and I look at him like he's the weirdest person in the world. "You're cute when you're confident, but you are completely wrong Winters, because before you know it you will be screaming my name."

I smack him on the shoulder and frown, "That was gross, you're overly confident. You don't see me making sexual jokes."

"Oh, you will once I'm done with you." He chuckles, obviously joking around and we both start laughing.

"T-that was the m-most grossest yet funniest thing I've ever heard you say." I screech laughing. "Thank god you're just messing around."

"Who said I was?" he smirked and I frowned "You ruined the moment."

"Oh, so there was a moment?" he smirked. "Falling for me already winters? This is a record." He nudged my shoulder and I shake my head.

Groaning I  lay my back to the cement roof. "Why are you still here?" I ask moving my head to look at him. "I thought we hated each other."

"We do hate each other, but if we are going to do this 'game' we have to get to know each other, right?" He replies ruffling his hair.

"True." I mumble looking away. "All I know is that you're a spoiled brat, who thinks he's cool, with that terrible bad boy act. To tell you the truth...you. don't. work. it."

"Oh yeah, all I know is that your a nerd, who thinks she doesn't need a man, and relies on her sister to fill in the missing piece in your heart, am I right, Winters?"

My eyes widen and I quickly bend up to glare at him. "What?"

"Rapunzel told me." He laughs. "You honestly think you can make it without a lover?"

"Yes." I spat still glaring at his stupidly blinding face.

"Wow, you sure are motivated on that." he chuckles and stands up holding out a hand to help me up. I push his hand aside and stand up myself. "Like I told you I don't need a man." I walk in front of him and start walking down the stairs.

Jack trails behind me like a dog and I roll my eyes. He sure is going to lose. Don't boys like hard to get? Than that's exactly what I will do to make him love me. How will he like it if I play him, than he will understand how it feels to get his heart broken!

I get into class exactly before the late bell rings and class starts, but all i could think about was winning Jacks heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, arrives and Rapunzel finally comes to me begging for forgiveness, of course her apology is accepted.

"I'm so sorry!" she cried as people stare and whisper. "I should've listened to you, b-but i was to naive and stupid to even listen to you."  She whimpers.

"Its okay." I say nervously pulling her into an empty classroom.

"No, its not okay, just please don't make the same mistake I did." She cries and than it hits me.

'Please don't make the same mistake I did'  But that's the thing, when she finds out Jack and I are 'Dating' she will feel betrayed. Jack never said I couldn't tell anybody, but what if it was one of those obvious rules that don't need to be explained!

"He'll pay for all those girls hearts he's broken, and next week, his torture will start, whatever I do, just please don't get mad at me." I nervously say trying not to sound suspicious.

"What do you mean Elsie?" She wipes her tears looking at me with confusion in her eyes.

"Just, trust me, and whatever I do next week is for you." I say meaning every word.

She nods and bury's her head on my chest ones again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally lunch comes and Jack runs to me pulling me to the roof.

"Jack, let me go!" I yell but he ignores me.

We get to the roof and he lets me go and I rub my arm "What was that for?" I whine.

"Look, please tell me you didn't tell anybody about our 'game'." Jack said rushed.

"N-no, Why?" I say confused.

"Good!" he sighs and sits down, and I sit down with him.

"Why?" I repeat louder.

"Well, I don't want the word spreading, and nobody has to know." He shrugs.

I sigh and agree with him.

"Jack, how will we know if one of us falls in love?" I blurt out.

"Well, one of us will eventually get tired of hiding our feelings and say it, meaning the person who didn't fall in love wins." he explains and I realized how much that would hurt.

"Wow, harsh." I say.

I really hope that I don't fall in love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the week passes, Jack and I got to know each other a bit more and realized just how much we had in common. Jack explained that he moved here because of something tragic that happened making him move, but he didn't explain what exactly it was.

He just has so many secrets and I'm dying to find them out. He's a mystery. One I want to solve.

Tomorrow is Monday and I can't wait for the challenge to start! I will play him like a ken doll!