Epiloge

Epilogue. 18 months after the birth of Melissa.

LIBBY POV

Perfect. She’s perfect. He’s perfect. We’re perfect. I hum softly as I wander around my small apartment, picking up toys and tossing them in a sparkly pink box with Melissa written on the front. Sighing I flop onto the couch, counting down the hours until Joseph gets home from the night shift at the Italian restaurant. 10.30PM. Just another hour until I get to see my fiancé. Yes that’s right, fiancé. On Melissa’s first birthday Joseph surprised us all by getting down on one knee. We decided to get married on Valentine’s day, cliché I know but still cute. As I relax on the couch I feel myself starting to fall asleep just as I hear Melly’s soft voice calling out to me.

“Mummy. Mummy!” Her calls quickly turn into shrill cries as I don’t get to her room fast enough.

“Coming babe.” I rush to her room, to find her standing in her crib, a tear trickling down her cheek. I pick her up and hold her close. I feel her shiver slightly as I rock her too and fro.

“Want daddy. When Daddy come back?” I laugh softly at the way my daughter can miss Joseph as much as I do.

“He will be home soon baby. Go back to sleep, when you wake up Daddy will be here to give you a big hug.”

“Okay Mummy.”

“Good girl. I love you Melissa.”

**************

LUNCHTIME THE NEXT DAY..

The crisp sunlight pours through my open curtains, making intricate patterns on my bed. I check the time, 10.48AM. I really should get up and start being the good little housewife I am but I decide to cherish the moment and lie in bed for a bit more. Through the thin walls I can hear Melissa’s angelic laugh and a sharp ting as the microwave goes off. I know that Joseph’s probably taking awesome photos of Melly playing, trying out the new camera he got from my Mum for his birthday last week. I also know that he’s probably tired, after working till late last night. I throw back the covers and slide out of bed, I glance down at the mini shorts and singlet I’m wearing and sigh. My baby fat still hasn’t worn off completely so I have a bit of puppy fat in my stomach and a slightly bigger arse than what I’d like. But it’s not all about me. I make my way into the living room/kitchen, running my fingers through my short hair. I got a pixie cut so now it’s a lot easier to manage.

“Mummy!” Melly shrieks as I step into our small living room. The apartment we have is something we brought with our savings combined. It’s awesome to have a place to call home, even if it is really small. I pick up Melly before turning around to find Joseph smiling at me. I can’t help but grin back at him. I love him so much, he is my life. I love him so much it hurts.

“Hey.” He steps forward to kiss me.

“Hey..” I breathe back.

“Good sleep?” There’s a twinkle in his warm green eyes.

“Yeah, you should go get some sleep yourself.”

“Maybe later, I’ve got other things in mind.”

“Ah yeah? Like what?” Melly starts to squirm in my arms so I put her down and she races back to her toys. I straighten up and Joseph kisses me deeply, passionately.

“Like that.”

“Oh that.”

“Yes, how about I go put Melly down for a nap and you go to the room and get ready?”

“Sure.” I giggle softly as I go back to our bedroom and start rummaging through a drawer for some condoms. I love Melissa but I’m not quite ready for another baby.

Everything’s perfect. Fucking perfect <3

Authors note,

So it's been almost a year since I finished writing lWLS and I thought to celebrate I should write what they've been up to 18 months after having their baby. Well as you hopefully read, they have their own apartment and are engaged. Everything's ended happily ever after. I always wanted to give Libby a real happy ending and I felt like her having the baby just wasn't good enough so I wrote this. Enjoy xx