Chapter 35.

CHAPTER 35.

BETH'S P.O.V.

"Excuse me." I squeeze through the group of crowded people, trying to find a way out of this mess without destroying my dress. It's my first day of training at the NGO and I'm already a bundle of nerves. The subway is more crowded than I had thought and I literally can't find a way back without getting cruel comments and shoutouts. Well, I'm the kind of person who'll burst in and say 'excuse me' at the end. I totally deserve it.

My eyes land on the tall fimiliar building, my body calming as it was just a few blocks away. As I had no idea about the walk, I went with heels and now I have to face the torture of the pain it causes to my feet. Before going up the steps I check my reflection on the screen of my phone. Running my hand throw my hair, I took a few breaths before ascending up the thin stairs.

The office itself is classy and elegant, my jaw almost dropped when I saw it the first time. My gaze flicks to the boy behind the reciption desk. He flashed his charming smile in my direction and I couldn't help but smile back.

"Good Morning!" He greats as I stand near the desk. "Bethany is it?"

"Good morning. Call me Beth." I give an attempt to mimic his bright smile and I bet I looked like a complete goof. He turns towards the computer and starts to type something. I take the time to text Harry about my location. He convinced me on dropping me here and I just shrugged knowing that he can't get up this early and that is exactly what happened.

Starting my first day. Love you sleepy head. xxx

My attention diverts towards the boy again, Samuel again. He hands me a card and I hesitatingly grab it.

"Congratulations on your first day. Hope you'll enjoy here." He flashes a genuine smile, I just nervously mumble a thanks.

"2nd floor, left side for Mr. James' office." I smile nodding, remembering the place I went a week ago. I turn around smoehow preparing for the first things I'll say to him. The nervousness is growing with every step I take towads the boss' office. Mr. James is a really nice man, he was the first one to approve me for the job before the other 3. 3 against 1, don't even ask how I got through that. It's a miracle that I did without panicking or messing it once.

The hallway was mostly full with people in suits and files in hand, rushing from one place to another, phones ringing, people chattering, shoes clicking here and there. The view was just like any other office will have. I feel a little odd in showing up in a dress, I had no time time to shop. Harry helped me in packing most of my things. We could have done a lot more if he wasn't in such a playful mood each time.

I recognise the door in front of me, only a few steps away. It had a huge 'Mr. James Phillip' written on top in bold black writing and a 'Manager consultant.' below it. I gulp a few times, taking a few breaths and calming myself. I left my hand haltingly, my palms already sweating. Rubbing my hands together last time I finally tap my knuckles on the wooden door multipule times. My anxiousness is getting the best of me and I feel like throwing up all that I had for breakfast. I hope I don't.

"Come in." A heavy voice from behind the door answers, taking a deep breath I twist the handle, slowly peaking inside the room. Mr. James is settled on his seat, his smile grow as soon as I take a step forward.

"Bethnay Walker is it? Bravo, I have been waiting for you." He greets getting up from his spinning chair. My eyes land on the clock after his words and I panic at the thought of being late on my first day.

"I'm sorry, the traffic was completely jammed at t...." I get cut off by his chuckle and he shakes head.

"No. no. You're on perfect time." I smile a nervous smile. Damn it.