1 - The Memory Crystal

-Edited----

[APHMAU]

Once I finished checking up on the villagers, I walked to the wheat field and sighed. The wheat brushed against my legs as a soft current of wind blew across Phoenix Drop. I thought about everyone and everything I left behind, all for selfish reasons. Just to adventure, to explore and help the world around me, and to meet more people.

My brothers and our friends were the closest to me. We even considered them siblings from time to time. Sky or Adam, the one who was playful yet serious, who observed everything before he jumped to conclusions.

Barney. The one who spoke broken Turkish and the one who pranked my brother, Jin. Barney explored often and was always open to helping people or learning new things.

Ross was the most playful one. Even in the worst situations, he knew how to put a smile on everyone's face. If something serious or bad happened, or if one of us were down, he'd always find a way to even put the tinest smile on our faces or pep in our steps.

Max, the one who had a short temper yet loved to playfully make fun of us. He always seemed to be the angriest of us, but if you got close enough to him he loved to help you and was really protective.

Red. He had multiple personality disorder, where he would switch emotions easily and even hurt us sometimes, yet when he went back to his original personality he would only remember what he did as a dream or just something he imagined. Despite this, he was all-around kind and helpful.

Jin and Oliver, my brothers. Jin was the technical one of the group, and knew how to make the most technical of things out of the tiniest scraps. Oliver loved to play with Jin's creations and was pretty much the most logical and artistic one of the group. From time to time, he even designed Jin's mechanical and robotic thingys.

I felt my pocket and if I remember correctly, there was a memory crystal in there.

Memory crystals say what they are in their name. They are crystals that can come in different sizes, shapes, and colours. They make a hologram of past memories you put in them. Most of mine were in the shapes of normal crystals or circles. Sly, a friend of mine from my superhero dimension, and I created these. He was also the only one other then the group, what me, my brothers, and our friends call our 'gang', so we made these so I can remember what happened in my dimensions.

I shifted my gaze around to make sure that no one was nearby enough to see before I looked at the crystal that was now held in my hand.

I put my finger on the top and watched as it lit up a slight blue. The crystals only respond to you when you have the right fingerprint, otherwise it doesn't light up or show a hologram.

The lighting brightened a little and then started shooting up as high as my head, the crystal being held just above my belly-button. It glowed, would've illuminated my face if it was dark, and sent out small, magical sparks.

The sparks turned into animated images, a hologram of the memories that were stuck into this specific crystal.

Instead of showing the good memories I was aiming for to lift my spirits, it made me feel even more guilty by showing me each time I left a world. Some of the times I had no means to do it, it just happened, while others I just did it to adventure more.

I reached a certain point in the memories, the one where I left a place full of pirates, The Pirate Isles, that I had to stop the crystal. I reminisced over my time with a group of children, The Goonies. I was their birth mother, so I can only imagine how they felt when I left them. I don't know their father, nor do I wish to know him. The little devils were Allie, Isabella, Lux, and Umbra. Lux and Umbra were Latin names, Lux meaning light and Umbra meaning night.